Thread: Dust collector question

Dust collector question

Now that I'm moving into a larger shop, I want to get a dust collector to hook to my cabinet saw, planer and bandsaw. I'm using a shop vac for my miter saw, and a separate, smaller shop vac for my ROS.

Someone whose opinion I respect recommended the Laguna 2HP collector - see here.

I have the necessary 230V circuit to run it. I can't put it outside so I was going to put it in the center of my shop and cluster my tools around it to minimize ductwork.

Comments, suggestions, etc. are all appreciated. Good choice? Bad choice? Some other DC I should look at?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mike, all I can say is I saw one of these units at the local Rocklers. The build quality on the unit is out standing. I was thoroughly impressed.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

I've been using the Grizzly 2 hp cyclone for about 3 yrs. I have the cyclone mounted on the back wall of my shop (28' x 36'). I used 6" pvc for the main run down the center of the shop(10' above the floor). I used 4" drops for everything except the 20" planer, which got a 6" drop. Since I'm the only one working in the shop, I normally only have 1-2 gates open at a time. The system works great.

I also use a shop vac for the router table (cyclone is a bit overkill). I use a Festool vac for orbital sander and Festool saw.

Good luck.