Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese lasers - they're here !!!

Sorry to hear that Rodne. My thoughts are with you. Chin up hey and as you said, she had a good run and at least she isnt suffering any more.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

My sympathies, Rodne, there is never a good time to lose a loved one. But as Jit said, she is not suffering anymore, which is horrible to live with.

Peace, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Blog Entries
    I'm sure I speak for us all when I say you have our condolences, Rodney...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

My sympathy Rodne, Like you said she is in a better place. At least you were able to spend a lot of good years with her. I will bother you about the laser at a later date after you are able to deal with your current situation.

Bruce

I'm very sorry for your loss Rodney.

Steve
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Rodney,
    First post, regrettable it is to offer my sympathies for your Mom's passing.

My condolences Rodney, it is always hard when you lose a parent.
    Ian Franks
    Print Image / Paperkutz
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Machines - 50w chinese laser KM C454.

Rodne;
    I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us here at SMC when I offer our sincere regrets and condolences on the passing of your Mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.
    Best Regards;
    George and the Gang at SMC

My condolences,

Hannu
    GCC Spirit GX 60W, 600 Series LLC 60W, Corel 11/X3, Illustrator, Autocad 2004, etc...

My condolences Rodne.
    Life and death don't bother me. It's that little period of time in between that bothers me.

Epilog Mini-24 40w with Rotary, Flame Polisher, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6, EngraveSoft, Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks all for the good wishes , It's actually a weight off our shoulders that my mom passed on, far easier to deal with this than to watch her deteriorate and suffer.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Very very sorry to hear the news, our heartfelt condolences
    Epilog Legend 24 EX - 75W with Rotary
    Fiber laser Marker 20w ( IPG)
    Flat bed heat press, Mug printing, Epson 230 x 2
    Flame Polishing machine, Acrylic Bender, Nicejet Flatbed printer A3+, Electrochemical etcher.
    "If you think you can or you cannot - you're right" HENRY FORD

Once again , thanks for condolences ,life goes on.

In the interim we have got our new mainboards and LCD panels and have managed to configure our big machine with the correct parameters to use the hardware and software correctly , it was "sort of" relatively easy.

It appears that ANY machine that is similarily configured to ours , with steppers and a glass tube , can use this as a retrofit control system, EVERYTHINg is configureable in terms of the machines motion etc.

Nice way of doing things , the total cost of the mainboard and lcd panel would be in the $350-400 range , which is not a lot of money.

Understandably , I have not really had the time to mess around and we have a job cutting small items out of magnetic sheeting (we are doing a full colour domed fridge magnet job) so have just run that...

I have found a way to actually re-label the software and roll overs , not just work on the manual , to make things even more "understandable".
    I am also looking at a DLL and EXE editor to perhaps improve further on the way things work , albeit I have very little know how in that dept-- another thing to learn...

I have been fiddling with the preview function and it is really great
    It basically instantly works out the time the job will take , how much non firing movement there will be , how much firing movement there will be and so on. More importantly it can actually give you a real time (or anything from 0.1x speed to 10x speed) moving representation of the laser head motion and where and how and what power it will be firing , so essentially you can see what you will be getting without running the job. Very nice indeed!!!!
    Heres a screenshot that shows the graphic to be engraved (the deeper the green colour , the higher the power level you have chosen is , so you can see if you are way out in your settings - perhaps you meant to have 2% power and you have set 72% , your graphic should be a VERY light green , not dark - and you can correct it),

When you start the simulation , it shows head movement without firing in yellow and when firing in red and it shows the exact path the machine takes whether it be scanning or vector cutting. It alos reports ion head position and power levels if it is varied.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Blog Entries
    If the programmers did it correctly, the button text should be in a resource file that you can edit... is that what you found? Or did you just pony up and edit the EXE...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Mainly in an .ini file but some stuff in the exe and Dll's , ini editing is easy , its the exe files and dll files that I'm a bit clueless on , will figure it out some way or another... not sure how much time I want to devote to all this.