Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion - Favorite tool recently purchased and why

I bought the Rolly Munro hollower. I have always wanted one and finally took the plunge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Jordan View Post
    I bought the Rolly Munro hollower. I have always wanted one and finally took the plunge.
    How's that working for you? I've been considering one myself. My latest tool would have to be the Tormek ts-100. This little jig allows me to duplicate my Elsworth grind perfectly in just a few seconds. Makes sharpening a real pleasure.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

My Jet 1642 lathe - I love the electronic speed control and it sure beats the old Delta

Like Jeff I am a very happy new owner of the Kobra Hollowing system. It is opening up the ability to hollow large forms as quick as I do forms half the size free hand. It is built like a tank as Jeff said.
    Jack

Too many to note.... but I see Glaser on this thread. Have you folks bought the Hi-tec glasers? Are they making them?

Hilel
    No one has the right to demand aid, but everyone has a moral obligation to provide it-William Godwin

"...I see Glaser on this thread...Are they making them?..."

Yes they are making them.

http://www.glaserhitec.com/

So far, I'm really happy with the stuff I have gotten from them.
    David DeCristoforo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko View Post
    How's that working for you? I've been considering one myself. My latest tool would have to be the Tormek ts-100. This little jig allows me to duplicate my Elsworth grind perfectly in just a few seconds. Makes sharpening a real pleasure.
    I really like it Bill! It works like the videos.

I bought some sandpaper.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

My NOVA DVR XP - awesome machine -
    getting ready to by a couple of gouges from Dave! A great lathe combined with what I hear are great tools and a learning and trapped in the vortex turner -no telling what will happen in my basement!
    Last edited by Keith E Byrd; 05-28-2011 at 7:55 AM.

The second to the last tool I bought, recently, was a NSK Presto high speed rotary tool. The latest tool I bought was a replacement turbo cartridge for said tool after I wasaccidentally supplying the tool with double the max psi and ruined the original turbo cartridge! That little act of stupidity cost me an additional $139!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

McNaughton Center Saver for me. Not only does it save wood, it saves me time as well, as it cores quicker than I can hollow, plus lots less to clean up. Since I stress reclamation practices, I feel like it is a great addition to my tools.

Rich (now for that hollower..........decisions.........decisions..... .......) in VA
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

+1 for the Trend AirShield Pro. I don't have the breathing issues I had before (nothing serious yet, but I didnt want it to become something). When the battery is low, I do not finish turn until it is charged. Then one of the vendors had batteries on sale for 1/2 price, so I bought a spare and eliminated this problem.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

It's a toss up between my Trend AS Pro, same reasons as Rich, and my remote control starter for my vac.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart View Post
    I bought some sandpaper.
    Wow John!

What grit?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Wow John!

What grit?
    40 Pete!! It's great!! I don't even need tools anymore!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson