Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best 5 1/2 circular saw blade, for craftman cordless saw.

best 5 1/2 circular saw blade, for craftman cordless saw.

I have a Craftman cordless circular saw, and need a new blade, prefer a very thin kerf higher quality one. for just general use cutting some plywood and crosscutting wood mainly. what would be the best blade to buy? its a 3/8 arbor. thank you

I found this blade is this a good one ?
    http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

the blade arbor hole is 10 mm, will this cause any damage to your saw because of the blade hole being bigger

i don't know, is the difference between
    0.393700787 inch and 0.375 significant enough to matter?

Quote Originally Posted by cody michael View Post
    i don't know, is the difference between
    0.393700787 inch and 0.375 significant enough to matter?
    Yes.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Where would I find a good blade. Are the craftsman ones good enough or is there a better option?

Quote Originally Posted by cody michael View Post
    Where would I find a good blade. Are the craftsman ones good enough or is there a better option?
    I like the way that you word your question,///the craftsman ones have to be good enough to sell to someone

The saw is okay, but is only a mediocre saw. A mediocre blade works well in a mediocre saw. I would just buy the craftsman replacement and call it good.

I have a couple of the cordless Craftsman saws. They come in handy for quick cuts here and there, but they are still a mediocre saw.

18 teeth is too few for fine crosscuts and ply. The Freud Diablo D0524X isn't ideal but it's better.

Oshlun has a couple choices with more than 18 teeth for less $.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I see lots of 10mm arbor but no 3/8 arbor blades. Any ideas where I could find some. The oshlun look like what I would like but wrong arbor

Are 3/8 and 10mm close enough to interchange?

I was going to say "the answer is still no"; but then I remembered that I actuall did it by partially tighteneing the blade to get it as centered as I could.

But the teeth will not wear evenly.

Better would be to find some copper wire the same size or a touch larger as the radial gap to shim it.

I have one of those saws. Sears is as honest about that saw as they are about horse power ratings on their tools. They call it a 5-1/2" saw, but look for 5-3/8" replacement blades. I use DeWalt blades myself.

John

I have the sears craftsman corded 5 1/2 and was having the same problem. I went to the folks at Seven Corners Hardware in St Paul, MN and he gave me a blade from these folks http://matsushitaamerica.com.p4.host...m/products.htm and I really like them. With a Zero Clearance plate on my little saw I can put a finish cut on my plywood. I did pay a little extra but would do it again.
    Dan

14. For what it is worth, I have an 18V Ryobi 5 1/2 " circular saw. I use it to cut sheet goods Plywood, MDF and OSB. I use the Oshlun SBW-055036 51/2" X 36T with the 5/8 to 10mm bushing kit supplied. They last a long time, make clean cuts, and are only about $9.00 a blade, $8.21 to be exact. Carbide Processors

I have an Oshlun on my Ryobi cordless and it works well. If they make one with the right arbor hole size and about the right diameter it would be a good way to go. I doubt the carbide is as durable as a Freud but you could buy two for what the Freud costs. I'm going to try one on my DeWalt track saw.