Thread: Nothing special

Nothing special

Some one on this site posted a bowl, that he had filled a hole with epoxy and brass shavings, from a key machine. I used Titebond II dark, with brass key shavings, and it worked well. The bowl is an oak burl that some one dropped off here. It is 4.25 wide X 3 in. tall. Will not hold anything, is not anything special. Has a wolf inside it. WOP finish.

IMG_1588 (Large).jpgIMG_1591 (Large).jpgIMG_1586 (Large).jpgIMG_1582 (Large).jpg

Dennis nice little bowl there and you can't beat a burl of any kind.

Dennis, I wouldn't say "nothing special". Looks to me like that would be a great conversation piece on the coffee table in living room or den. Nice job.
    I turn, therefore I am

Maybe nothing special for you.... a little treasure to the rest to the world. Nicely done.

It is special, Dennis. It is special because you made it by yourself...with your own hands...and there's not another one like it in the world! Good work old boy!

I'd proudly put that on my desk!! Cool wolf! Cool Angry wolf!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Dennis - sure has a lot of character! Pretty wood and your brass shavings fill works well!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

What a neat piece of wood! I don't see the wolf, but I do see a pair of eyes... Pretty cool.

All I see is a Dali imipressionistic terrified man ~ 5:00. Oh, and a very cool chunk of wood that made it to the finish line. Good job!
    mj