Thread: Aaw sticker reminder!!!

Smile Aaw sticker reminder!!!

Well, the thread on ideas for creeker ID while at the symposium kind of drifted off, so I will just take the lead here.

I will acquire some form of sticker this weekend, and we can place that on our symposium name badge.

I will post a pic of the sticker in this thread after I get them. It will probably be something more than just a colored dot, but I will see what is available. (I will try to avoid any caricatures that resemble John Hart!!!!)

I propose that the stickers be available at the booths of Doug Thompson, Vince Welch (Vince's WoodNWonders), and Mike Smith (Century Tree Turnings) and any other folks that want to contact me. I just looked through the list of vendors and these were names familiar to me. No intent on excluding any vendor, so feel free to post here if you want to be a source for creekers to pick up a sticker.

I will get the stickers to the booths upon my arrival Thursday or as soon as practical on Friday.

Let me know if you see a flaw in this plan!!

I think it is a good plan. Thanks for organizing it.

I don't know John....about the John Hart idea....

I think a sticker of John on the back of a horsie would be quite noticeable. Maybe John wielding his Big Bertha scraper while riding standing on the back of the Horsie....or maybe while riding in one of his Amish neighbors buggy being pulled by a horsie.

Gee there are a lotta possibilities....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Sounds good, we'll be setting up till 5 pm Thursday. If they ask at the door your helping us set up the booth, if you want to help Bill and I in the booth I'll get you a name tag.

Great way to do It. Simple adequate and fast. Thanks John. It will be a great help in finding fellow members of the Creek.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Thanks John, this sounds like a wonderful plan!

See you there!

Smile

This will be the creeker ID symbol at the AAW Symposium!!

I tried to find something a little more wood/woodturning related, but the closest thing I could find were purple and pink vortex stickers - didn't think that would work!!

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO BE SO CUTE WITH YOUR LITTLE SMILEYS!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think those will work just fine. Thanks for getting them. Hard to believe the Symposium is 3 1/2 weeks away.

Doug, I get in late Thursday night, but would love to stand in the booth for a while. I will have a sample or two of my grinder tool rest.

robo hippy

I'm drawing a mustache on mine.

Justin, I wanted to draw a white beard and ponytail on mine, but just didn't think that would work!

Perfect!!!

Just a bump to remind everyone!! Get your sticker at either of the three booths in the vendor area - Doug Thompson (Thompson Tools Lathe Tools, booths 221,223,320,322), Vince Welch (Vince's WoodNWonders, booths 511,610), or Mike Smith (Century Tree Turnings, booths 227,324,326)

I will try to have them with the above Thursday evening so they will be available Friday morning.