Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craigslist find = Happy day for me

Wow, did they come gift wrapped?

I also want to know what program is available to track craigslist. The search feature is so bad it ALMOST makes me not use Craigslist.

Guess Tony is out playing with his new, cheap TOYS!

Meanwhile, I have good luck using SearchTempest to find items of interest on CL. You can set it to track only your local area, or within a 3000 mile radius! lol A key word such as powermatic, "drum sander" or "3hp baldor" can be inserted, and everything in every category within your search area will be shown. Pretty neat!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

It is safe to say, that any woodworker would happily buy those at that price, even if they already had a planer and jointer!

Thanks everyone. Something like this has never, and I mean never, happened to me. I had almost pulled the trigger on a new 8" jointer two months ago and I just couldn't make myself do it. I just knew I would be able to find something used.

I already had a Ridgid planer and I was going to walk away from the DeWalt. I just couldn't do it at this price. Now I need to decide which one to keep, my current Ridgid or the DeWalt I just aquired.

As for the craigslist monitor, I have my homepage set to the iGoogle page and one of the widgets I have on the page is the Craigslist Monitor.

Now, back to running boards wider than 6 inches through the jointer.
    Tony

If at first you don't succeed,
    you shouldn't try skydiving.

What did you use for a get-a-way vehicle, nice grab.

Brian

I was thinking the same thing <lol>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Aronson View Post
    I hate you! does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cox View Post
    I already had a Ridgid planer and I was going to walk away from the DeWalt. I just couldn't do it at this price. Now I need to decide which one to keep, my current Ridgid or the DeWalt I just aquired.
    To ease the guilt you must be feeling about your CL heist and the worry over which planer to unload, I'll take the DW 735 off your hands for the $125 you paid ;-).

Oh by the way, let me be the first today to say you REALLY SUCK!!!

Congrats on the find.

And you included pics without even having to be reminded...I'm crying with pride...

Great score! If you use a DC (some sort of central type) you will want to put a dust hood on that chute. Also, look into the chute. If it is not totally enclosed all the way up to the cutterhead, you'll want to do a simple mod to make sure you are getting just about all the chips. Otherwise, you are just sucking air from the cabinet, not the cutterhead. If you need to do this mod, search my threads (or just search the Creek) under DJ20 (or DJ-20) and that will help. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll find and send you the link.

Enjoy them both!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ross View Post
    What did you use for a get-a-way vehicle, nice grab.

Brian
    This cracked me up, thanks Brian.