Thread: Baby steps

Baby steps

Well as i said on a different post to jim Adkins. I was gonna go out to the shop and try doing a basket. Well it didn't turn out looking like a native american basket. It did(IMO) end up looking more like a snake charmers basket from south Asia. So i think i'll just say it was meet to be like this.(yea right) Didn't have a beading tool so i did as Jim said and made my own. This is never gonna be anything but my first pratice piece and will more than likely warp, as the maple was only sorta dry.At least how i know a tiny little bit what not to do next time.Thanks for looking and all C&C needed.
    Steve008 [800x600].JPG009 [800x600].JPG

I think its pretty cool whatever you call it.
    WoodChux

Nice effort. Hope there's no snakes tho......

NO matter what you meant it to be (shhhhhhhh) it's a pretty cool whatever it is! Ya gotta start somewhere - good for you for jumping right in!
    mj

Your right it does look like a snake charmers basket, but that is awesome! I think you did a great job on this, I cant wait to see what you come up with next time.
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

6. Hey Steve...........its a start! I have not attempted one of those as of yet..........I would say it is a learning process; this kind of embellishment,........... but with this one under your belt, I would say you have shortened the learning curve.........way to go!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Steve, this one stands on its own! You don't have to say it was a Jim Adkins attempt - it looks cool for what it is, and pretty neat at that!

I think it's a really cool looking piece. I've yet to try one of these, so take any suggestions for what they're worth... Nothing. I think the basket illusion would be better if the burn lines followed the entire radius of the bead rather than just the tops. I think it's a heck of a piece, and I hope you'll attempt another. I'd like to see your homemade beading tool as well.

Thanks all.I know it will take me a while to get where i want to with these, but as stated have to start some where.Doc i'll try to get a pic of the tool later, nothin fancy just took a old skew ground it down to the basic shape, then finished it up with a chain saw file. I also agree that i should of taken the time to burn the lines all the way around on the beads, but as this was just pratice i got lazy.

Steve - I know it is your first but I sure like it! I am sure you learned a lot of things to do differently on your next one but this one is worthy of a signature and notation of being your first illusion form. Nice work! Looking forward to seeing your next version!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Looking good! Doesn't matter if it warps, baskets warp too.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome