Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: very thin steel strings

Are you sure a charangurego is a real instrument? It sounds suspiciously like something to order at Taco Bell. In Mexico,chewing gum is chongum.

If you want some REALLY THIN strings,unwind the thin wire that jeweler's saw blades come wrapped in!!! This is a perfectly worthless tip,and if you don't like it,I'll double your money back for what you heard to hear it.

Hey George, where I lived a sunroof is called a "soonroon", and drywall is "Yessum". (Gypsum, I suppose.)

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    Are you sure a charangurego is a real instrument? It sounds suspiciously like something to order at Taco Bell. In Mexico,chewing gum is chongum.

If you want some REALLY THIN strings,unwind the thin wire that jeweler's saw blades come wrapped in!!! This is a perfectly worthless tip,and if you don't like it,I'll double your money back for what you heard to hear it.
    It's sufficiently stout..

I'm not a huge fan of the guards either, but you will destroy your charango without something. I wore a hole through my first charango. I also had to put the guard on because I messed up the "rosette" (if you can call it a rosette).

But yeah, that's where it's at. I just had a nasty slip and fall though, just a few days before I got my pegs. I'm still young, but it f****d me up. I can't wait to mount the bridge...but I guess I'll have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Mahood View Post
    I think that looks fine John - I'm not a fan of the guard either, but I don't really like guards in general so it's hard to tell if that's why.

Good job getting started and not giving up because it's not perfect, that's one of my main struggles in pretty much everything. Now you just have to get to the point where it makes noise - I bet it will be a good surprise!
    Last edited by john brenton; 10-06-2011 at 2:34 PM.
    It's sufficiently stout..