Thread: some cool technology

some cool technology

IMG_8598.jpg IMG_8582.jpg IMG_8602.jpg IMG_8578.jpg IMG_8580.jpg IMG_8592.jpg IMG_8577.jpg IMG_8579.jpg

i recently attended a machine gathering at the anderson america facility near charlotte nc, really enjoyed the omnitec fellows and saw a first rate facility and staff at work. what really caught my attention was a machine used to print on wood, now i cross into the sign world often and recently did a childrens ward in a southern hospital where i could have used this technology. i saw soo many possibilitys and am looking for uses as i either want one or want to outsource to someone who has one, just wanted to show it here to get you fellows input
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 06-01-2011 at 11:50 PM.

IMG_8597.jpg

here is the machine

WOW they look so real, I like the door in picture #4 of the road and trees
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Is it a flatbed inkjet printer?

John

you would know more than i, it has a traction feed on "y" like a carveright it was amazing quality though

I ran into these guys on one of my projects in the last few weeks when I was meeting with adjacent property owners. We got to talking about what they were doing and I mentioned that I did some woodworking and had a cnc - they brought me into their studio's shop to show me their new shoppbot alpha and vacuum. He is cutting baltic birch that he is having printed just like you show.

http://driftstudio.com/

neat stuff!
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

Just a note, but be careful painting or marking up doors, especially in a commercial or hospital application, as it can be an egress/life safety violation. Reason being if there was an emergency or a fire and people needed to evacuate, they might not recognize the door.

i was really impressed and the quality was excellent. the childrens hospital we did was decorative on the cabinetry (military er room in pediatrics) the idea was to soften the er trama for a child. it was printed with animals and the sort, i will see if i took a pic

went a bit hog wild today and purchased a 20' long 5' wide cnc machine

went a bit hog wild today and purchased a 20' long 5' wide cnc machine[/QUOTE]

I think this deserves its own post, with pictures!

John

will do !!!

The print company that I cut for has a printer that will print on flat stock or roll stock up to 12 feet wide and as long as you can get. They printed a header for Liftime brands for the houseware show that was 200 feet long they could have printed longer but that was the length that was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    The print company that I cut for has a printer that will print on flat stock or roll stock up to 12 feet wide and as long as you can get. They printed a header for Liftime brands for the houseware show that was 200 feet long they could have printed longer but that was the length that was needed.
    i work with some pretty cool sign shops with the equipment you are speaking of, this is a video of the equipment i saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAQKV...layer_embedded