Thread: Drill Press cabinet

Drill Press cabinet

I had plywood left over from a project and decided to use it to make a drill press cabinet.
    It straddles the base and is on casters to easily move out of the way when drilling taller items. I decided to use Formica on the top because it will get messy sitting there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

I love these "I had some leftovers" projects! Nice job!
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Very nice. I've been planning to build a similar cabinet for my drill press for quite some time.

It is always satisfying to take a bunch of leftovers and turn them into something useful for the shop. Many of the fixtures and furniture in my shop don't really "match" since they were made from whatever material I had on hand.

Finding uses for leftovers is part of the fun. I had a four drawer file cabinet and some 2x4's and I needed a couple of tool stands. I cut the cabinet in half and made a drill press stand and the other half became a stand for my Ridgid oscillating sanderDSCN0070.jpgDSCN0083.jpg

I think I should have titled this thread "Leftovers." It's fun to see what people come up with. That space under my drill press has always ended up storing something that got in the way, and was buried in drilling debris.
    Just cut off the parts that don't look like a bowl...

I like it!

good idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Marley View Post
    I had plywood left over from a project and decided to use it to make a drill press cabinet.
    It straddles the base and is on casters to easily move out of the way when drilling taller items. I decided to use Formica on the top because it will get messy sitting there.
    Carpe Lignum

Awesome idea, probably gonna steal the idea for my Powermatic 1100 restoration once its done.