Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some old technology

actually we will remove basically most of it rebuild and camaster it !!

The 6,000,000.00 cnc it can be rebuilt. Will it get a bionic eye? I'm sure it will run faster than it was originally limited to. And knowing you Jim, the $ number will have several of the zero's removed.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

IMG_8688.jpg IMG_8693.jpg once i am finished why you'll be able to,,,,, well actually i am gonna restore it to pretty much original condition with ne controllers, it has some of the largest servos i have ever seen on a machine of this sixe for x & y. i may sell the x3 get my new camaster atc finished and send it to the barn at the farm, this one is for work

James,

Do you have any tips on where to find commercial units suitable for a retrofit in the Midwest? I receive auction notices from Hilco and a large local outfit in the Grand Rapids area but I haven't seen a CNC router come through in ages.

Try IRS auctions. there are a lot of large cnc's that come up on that site.

look at IRS auctions (private company) industrial recovery services

Thank you for the recommendation, heading there now.

Aside from auction sites, below are a couple of tips to help shave time off of equipment searches.

1. Use Google Alerts to scan for the presence of specific brand and model terms so you're alerted shortly after new relevant content is discovered.
    2. All of Craigs http://www.allofcraigs.com/ is the most thorough nationwide Craigslist search tool I've used to date. You can search the entire US or narrow by region quite easily.

mom has had to have some surgery and this has postponed the machine pickup, i have purchased the new motors and controller and o am ready for the retrofit and have not even got it in the shop yet !

sorta unsure as to how to utilize the creek as i have had some post deleted but for rhe right person a fellow in san deigo is asking 3500 for a techno ( this is a steal)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/tls/2442822524.html

...how goes the rebuild?
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wright View Post
    Now that's a BALLSCREW on the gantry!
    I was gonna say, maybe DT went broke buying those Screws!
    They made some good machines.

Neal

been moving it around, all works well it was used for cutting foam inserts in custom luggage.

moving and set up is a feat

update with photos please! used parts for sale?
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22

actually we got real busy, landed several large plants needing cabinetry, we are preping another 2000 square foot room just for panel processing in which we will set it up i have run it and it runs well!!