Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife's Request

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Hamsley View Post
    I really like it!
    Thanks Danny, just yesterday my wife came out to my workshop and gave me a hug and said "I love my new bench."

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Barrett View Post
    A simple piece of furniture, I like it a lot.
    Thank you very much Robert.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Beautiful work.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

That is a very nice looking Bench Gordon, simple in style and functional. It even may be a project I might get finished.

Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    Beautiful work.
    Thanks John, it was fun to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Howard View Post
    That is a very nice looking Bench Gordon, simple in style and functional. It even may be a project I might get finished.
    With careful layout the thru tenons and mortises can be done on the table saw before you glue up the boards. This makes this project particularly nice for those that don't have a dedicated mortiser. I do have one but did the two mortises on the table saw anyway. It was easy and worked great. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am sure that this is a project that you will want to finish once you start.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Simple is good in my eye Gordon.. Nice job on the through tenons and I like the ebonized bottom contrasting the light top. Did a flat screen TV stand several months ago using maple and I ebonized (India Ink) the top and bottom shelves. The contrast looks very sharp together. Mama should be proud..
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    Simple is good in my eye Gordon.. Nice job on the through tenons and I like the ebonized bottom contrasting the light top. Did a flat screen TV stand several months ago using maple and I ebonized (India Ink) the top and bottom shelves. The contrast looks very sharp together. Mama should be proud..
    Hey Sarge, thanks a bunch for your nice comments.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Gordon-

Bench looks great! That top book looks like "The Teachings of Buddha", which is a book I swiped from the nightstand in a San Francisco hotel room over 20 years ago. I'm still trying to figure out the karmic ramifications of that.
    Ron Conlon

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Conlon View Post
    Gordon-

Bench looks great! That top book looks like "The Teachings of Buddha", which is a book I swiped from the nightstand in a San Francisco hotel room over 20 years ago. I'm still trying to figure out the karmic ramifications of that.
    Funneee Ron, got my laugh for the day. Thanks for your comments.
    Best Regards,

Gordon