Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Top Height

I to have dabbled with that question. I suggest a height at - just above the groin area, about palm height. How tall will an average board be when you rip it on a table saw, subtract that from height.
    Your arms / hands become rather heavy if you have to bend the elbows for long periods at work station. Also I think a lower table saw will allow you to reach to the back more comfortably and safer. We don't all have a Greek statues dimensions, so groin to belly button measur must be taken with a grain of salt.
    I work in a factory setting with adjustable tables, 8-12 hrs. no siting down. Pay attention that you don't stoop over your work which one has a tendency to due on a table that may feel low. I find my self balancing the pain/fatigue between limbs and torso.
    Being redundant to what others have mentioned her but if you have to due a hack sawing motion you want your work just below your belly button as your elbows are bent just about right there. Still haven't found the sweet spot.

Having the table saw's table top above groin height makes a lot of sense if you get a kick back!

Quote Originally Posted by raul segura View Post
    I to have dabbled with that question. I suggest a height at - just above the groin area, about palm height. How tall will an average board be when you rip it on a table saw, subtract that from height.
    Your arms / hands become rather heavy if you have to bend the elbows for long periods at work station. Also I think a lower table saw will allow you to reach to the back more comfortably and safer. We don't all have a Greek statues dimensions, so groin to belly button measur must be taken with a grain of salt.
    I work in a factory setting with adjustable tables, 8-12 hrs. no siting down. Pay attention that you don't stoop over your work which one has a tendency to due on a table that may feel low. I find my self balancing the pain/fatigue between limbs and torso.
    Being redundant to what others have mentioned her but if you have to due a hack sawing motion you want your work just below your belly button as your elbows are bent just about right there. Still haven't found the sweet spot.

HA! Sounds like a bonus to me. [ if you get a kick back! ]
    Last edited by raul segura; 06-19-2011 at 12:55 AM.