Thread: Airless paint sprayer for house and doors, etc.

Airless paint sprayer for house and doors, etc.

I'm in the market for an airless paint sprayer, primarily for my house exterior, but I'm thinking it would be helpful for doing interior doors too.

Any recommendations on a good unit. I've budgeted around $1k for it but could go higher if a better unit would have more functionality.

I have had my graco 395 ultra for about 5 years now and it works great with no problem. I have a bunch of different tips for spraying laytex in the house and a few fine finish tips for spraying conversion varnish and sealers. I would buy another in a heartbeat, the only thing I wish it had is a hopper. The hopper you can pour paint into the sprayer, mine just sucks paint off the bottom of the pail and usually leaves a little in the bottom you can never get. I got mine online on sale with a bunch of tips and spare filters for about 800-900??? with free shipping. I have never owned another brand but I wouldnt even look at others, graco is top notch.

+1 for Graco. IMHO, there is GRACO, and then there's .... well, Graco. Tried others in years past, and they were more trouble than they were worth. Had mine about 5 years also and have done several rental apartments, in and out. Cuts the time in at least half, shoot the ceilings and all the big flat wall areas, then my assistant, (thank goodness she never reads posts here) does whats left.
    Last edited by Mike Harrison; 06-08-2011 at 7:34 PM.
    Mike Harrison

I also have the 395 Ultra and its also great for painting Crown molding,door trim,doors,cabinets,etc using a FF tip or something small like a 413 and alittle Flotrol.Its really a good all around sprayer for under 1k----Carroll

Hi Stephen, I sent you a PM with some info about a more entry level turbine system that I am going to be posting for sale when I get around to it. I didn't notice your 1K budget until I came back over here just now to prompt you to check your PMs. Regardless of that my suggestion to check out the finishing forum here on the Creek should be helpful at any level of spray system.
    Best,
    Larry Rasmussen
    Seattle

Thanks for the good info. I'll be looking for a 395 Ultra with a hopper.
    Larry - I already have an Earlex but thank you.
    -Stephen

I use a gravity feed HVLP gun for interior parts paint (where I can take the doors outside). Its a lot easier to clean than an airless unit- especially with the disposable hopper liners you can get nowadays. I use a regular air compressor driven unit. Its a lot less expensive option than a Graco unit, especially if you already own a compressor. If you get the right orifice size nozzle you don't need to thin the paint much.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wood View Post
    Thanks for the good info. I'll be looking for a 395 Ultra with a hopper.
    Larry - I already have an Earlex but thank you.
    -Stephen
    I have owned airless sprayers with and without hoppers and much prefer without for ease of cleaning.

cm

May want to do a little more research but this unit caught my eye a few months ago. Will look at it closer if the need comes up.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    May want to do a little more research but this unit caught my eye a few months ago. Will look at it closer if the need comes up.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
    Looks interesting. I read the review on the HD site. Mostly great. This could be worth a try. Thanks!