I'm planning my new, larger shop. My current shop is a 2-car garage with a 1100CFM DC on wheels and a couple of portable shop vacs. My next shop will have hard-piped "central DC" with 6" ducting around the shop. My plan is to run copper air line around the shop and I'm considering adding "centralized shop-vac" to the setup. Has anyone here done this?

DC and shop vacs are both very loud. I'd been planning on framing in an insulated "DC room" to muffle the DC noise and figure installing the shop-vac in the same room, perhaps with (while I'm at it) would help quiet that too.

Has anyone here done this? If so, how did it work? What would you do the same and what would you do differently if you were starting over?

As long as this is still in planning the slate is open for options. I've accumulated several shop-vacs over the years. Has anyone "paralleled up" two of them to get twice the volume? If so, have you up-sized the tubing to a larger (?3"?) size? If you use a dust deputy, would you do so again?

I live in Alaska so placing the DC or vac outside or exhausting the air outside isn't feasible.

I welcome you thoughts and experiences.

Jim

Jim