Thread: rather large furniture2

rather large furniture2

some more furniture photos, the wife and kids are in some of the photos just for an idea of sizes .in some pictures look at the floor tiles ,they are1 foot square again for perspective , i wish i had taken a tape measure but who takes one to a party.the bench seats are each 9 foot long and i counted 12 of them in all the root seats are all assorted sizes and there were at least 25 of them 1 of the tables in front of the benches was over 19 foot long and the top was made from 2 boards cut from the same tree joined lengthways with live edges. this relation is an avid collector of almost anything you can think of,his house is very much like a museum that people live in .there are still more pics to come but if we ever go again i will be prepared to take a lot more photosDSC00821_resize.JPGDSC00830_resize.JPGDSC00818_resize.JPGDSC00816_resize.JPGDSC00820_resize.JPGDSC00815_resize.JPGDSC00814_resize.JPGDSC00817_resize.JPG

Anthony, that is very cool! I can't tell for sure, but the table top appears to be walnut.

Where were the photo's taken?

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Really BIG furniture! Where were the photos taken?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

hi bruce ,i live in thailand so all the photos were taken at a place called samut-prakan not far from bangkok.by the way did you look at the first posting of big furniture also posted yesterday and i have more yet

hi scott ,not sure which tabletop you mean but i have not seen any wallnut growing in thailand and furniture here is almost always made from what can be cut locally as transporting timber around the country is quite difficult with the laws on timber preservation as they are.as an example when we moved to thailand we wanted to build a holiday home near the beach in a thai style,as most new timber is now imported we decided to buy an existing house near to my wifes home village ,dismantle it and then transport it south to build on land we had there,on the way south our truck was stopped in 4 different provinces ,taken to the police compound twice and unloaded twice to make sure there was no new timber hidden at the bottom .we had taken numerous photos of the original house along with the dismantle and loading process and even had a statement from the local police as proof of the project but police from other provinces had to check for themselves .the loading and unloading doubled the journey time.by the way if anyone is interested i have a few photos of the rebuild.

Anthony,
    Awesome furniture pictures.
    Thanks for sharing, I would love to see more photos.

Alan

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony wall View Post
    hi bruce ,i live in thailand so all the photos were taken at a place called samut-prakan not far from bangkok.by the way did you look at the first posting of big furniture also posted yesterday and i have more yet
    Anthony, I did see your other post, beautiful craftsmanship!
    One of my friends spent much of her youth growing up in Thailand as a Embassy brat. She goes back every chance she gets and plans on retiring there.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Great looking family and furniture.