Thread: Miniatures, OT

Miniatures, OT

OK, so it's not turning, but I thought I would share this as it's just so cool. This is Tic and Tac (no offense to NPR), 3 day old ruby-throated hummingbirds that are nesting near my back door. Mama turned a nest of lichen andPicture.jpg spider webs, maybe this will give someone an idea to use in their work.

I love hummers, usually have around 50 or so, feed somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-16 cups of nectar a day after the first hatch. Folks at the grocery store ask me if I'm making moonshine when I get to the register with all that sugar..................

Have a great weekend, and I hope that Mother Nature will inspire your turnings.............

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Pretty cool Richard. We love hummingbirds here too. Tho I have never seen a nest. We have alot coming to the feeders tho. I will have to try and keep my eyes open for a nest. Very interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Show them how, and you too, will learn
    Sole proprietor, Up North Burls
    Secretary, Rainy River Area Woodworkers
    Journeyman Steamfitter, Local 589

That's interesting. I like hummingbirds, but I had no idea they were do pitiful looking when they were little... They're so ugly that they're cute.

Thanks for sharing! Had a hummingbird for a pet once - a long time ago! Thanks for activating some great memories! Have a few hummingbirds around our place this year - including one female that allows me to get within 2' of her. They are incredible animals and a lot more intelligent than folks give them credit for!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Rich,
    We love the hummers here too. Great camo job on the nest.

We love them too. I've always wondered where they built their nests because I've never seen one. Now I know why. Had know idea they were THAT small. WOW.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."