Thread: Wood from Mike Smith

Wood from Mike Smith

Here are the pictures of the wood I got from Mike Smith. It was waxed but the heat down here is just blistering so Mike and I decided I should get some saran wrap and give it a couple of wraps both ways. So far it seems to be doing the job and also I put it in my sis's garage out of the extreme heat.

Definitely enjoyed my time with Mike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie, that's a great haul ya got from Mike! Nice gloat! Love to see how it all turns out

Great wood and from a great guy. It should prove to be spectacular when turned into items.
    Turn Safe,
    Jack

Why's it still in the box? Great haul Bernie!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Aaaarrrrrgh!!!!!! Bernie, I swear some of that is mine!!!!! I know that Claro looks like it is from my private stock!! Mike and I will talk about this!!

Glad you had a great time with Mike! I sure am looking forward to meeting him in person at AAW - and, probably send him home with some more of my money! I have a whole corner of my wood storage dedicated to him - thinking about making a nice sign for it - sort of a shrine to the Claro King!!

WOW! Congrats! Pays to go shopping!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks again. Yep Steve it does and saves a bundle on shipping. Mike and the LOML thought somewhere around maybe $200.

Why would you make a shrine for two tiny pieces of Claro John???? Mike said you would probably be whiney and gumpy so he is prepared. Oh and yea he did pull some tags off that said John Keeton "sold" and put my name on them. Sorry.

If you have never met Mike you guys are in for a treat. Mike is one of the nicest people I have met and the LOML said he is just a super guy.
    Last edited by Bernie Weishapl; 06-12-2011 at 6:12 PM.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

This time tomorrow, my girlfriend and I will be getting home from a trip to see Mike. We went out there a few months ago (less than an hour away) and it was a great. Mike was a treat to talk to and picking out wood from his stock was a chore...it was very hard to limit myself.

Good to see you made a nice haul and got a few pieces of that greedy Mr. Keeton's stock.

Nice haul Bernie. I just got some BL Maple and some Spalted Maple burls from Mike. As soon as I get a few of them used up I'm planning a trip to see Mike too.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

How to become a "really popular guy":

Have a whole lot of really fine wood and then hang out with turners...
    David DeCristoforo

nice haul, good trip, thanks for sharing Bernie

Quite the haul Bernie! Would love to see a qroup picture of everything that wood becomes!

Nice haul. I'm jealous. Other than the Claro, what did you get?

Thanks again. Baxter I am going to try to keep a dairy and pictures of these pieces of wood. The wife wants a picture of the piece of wood when I take it out of the box and then when the piece is finished. Guess I had better listen. Been a great trip Charlie for sure.
    Bernie

Man, color me officially jealous! Nice! I told Mike a couple of months ago I was looking for a specific size piece of claro - now I know why he never has the size I want!

Next time, make sure to stop up here! I'd love to see you and Mary Ann again -