Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hammer A3 31 "new design"

Hammer A3 31 "new design"

I just purchased a new A3 31 with the new duel lift table & redesigned fence. I'm picking it up from their east cost office July 2nd (that's going to go slow). Has anyone gotten hands on with the newer design?

A331dl.gifA331fence.gif

BTW I'm new here, been reading and learning a ton thanks!

2. Hi Bradley

Thanks for the order. Do not forget to watch the setup video. Please click on this LONG link.

Link: http://www.hammerusa.com/products_vi...1&region=us-us

Best Regards

Your Felder Team

You are going to really like your new machine!! I have a A3-31 that is a couple years old. The only areas to improve the A3-31 is the fence and the tables (neither of which are a big problem anyways). Being able to put the machine right against the wall would be a really nice space saver. A more rigid fence is a nice improvement also. Make sure you get the digital handwheel as it is worth every penny. I wrote the numbers from the handwheel that correspond with the popular thicknesses on my machine with a black sharpie (example 99235=3/4"). That way I can get EXACT thicknesses every time and very quickly.

Make sure you post some pics and your thoughts when you get the machine, you will love it.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    I wrote the numbers from the handwheel that correspond with the popular thicknesses on my machine with a black sharpie (example 99235=3/4"). That way I can get EXACT thicknesses every time and very quickly.

Jeff, why do you have to write down the dimension?

When I set mine to 19.20mm that's exactly what I get, is the BE system display different?

Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 06-23-2011 at 9:58 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tagging

Rod, For metric use that is fine. For fractional use I find it easier to have it written down, 90% of my final dimension lumber is 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" and 1" so I just have those 4 fractions written down (right below the planer bed) in correspondence to the handwheel number. I just find that works well for me, thought someone else may find it useful.

Bradley, make sure you find the Felder owners group on yahoo also. Great bunch of guys and another great knowledge resource.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Bradley, make sure you find the Felder owners group on yahoo also. Great bunch of guys and another great knowledge resource.
    Will do thanks!

I like the tables that go swing up together. Let us know how you like it.

~mark

Jeff, my question is why doesn't the display indicate 0.75 for 3/4"?

Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Jeff, my question is why doesn't the display indicate 0.75 for 3/4"?

Regards, Rod.
    Rod, maybe my handwheel is different than yours, please compare and let me know.

dial.jpg

Jeff,

Your hand wheel is exactly like mine. It does need to be calibrated though. All you need to do is set your handwheel to your 3/4 in thickness (992.35 on your dial). Remove the handwheel, and turn it till it reads 000.75 and then put it back on. This manual describes the process.

http://www.felderusaonline.com/ultim...alibration.pdf

~mark
    Last edited by Mark Carlson; 06-17-2011 at 1:21 PM.

I'll be watching this thread closely as I consider the new A3 31, myself. Please post any and all impressions of the new design!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nolin View Post
    I'll be watching this thread closely as I consider the new A3 31, myself. Please post any and all impressions of the new design!
    I'll post a full review.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    Jeff,

Your hand wheel is exactly like mine. It does need to be calibrated though. All you need to do is set your handwheel to your 3/4 in thickness (992.35 on your dial). Remove the handwheel, and turn it till it reads 000.75 and then put it back on. This manual describes the process.

http://www.felderusaonline.com/ultim...alibration.pdf

~mark
    Mark, I just had a homer simpson moment. DOH!!! Thanks for the info. I had no idea.....obviously not a direction reader.

Mark, I just had a homer simpson moment. DOH!!! Thanks for the info. I had no idea.....obviously not a direction reader.
    Jeff, glad Mark was able to help you........I was going to post the same instructions.........Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Jeff, glad Mark was able to help you........I was going to post the same instructions.........Rod.
    Thanks for the concern and help (as usual), its a good thing I'm not an old dog...I learned a new trick today.