Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to buy a Grizzly slider. Not available until 7/29

Trying to buy a Grizzly slider. Not available until 7/29

I sold my Grizzly 1023Z and have been looking for my next saw. After a lot of research, I decided that the Grizzly G0623X would be a really good next step for me.

Unfortunately, there are none to be had. I am in NC so the machine would ship out of PA or MO. PA won't have any until July 29 and MO won't have any until OCTOBER!!!

Anyone got any recommendations for a sliding table saw for around 3k that someone might have available for sale? I would love a MiniMax or Feldor or Rojek or even a Laguna TSS, but they are all a little to high priced for my budget.

The only one I would consider in that price range is the Hammer K3.

Grizzly has the smaller G0700.

Have you checked used ?

Quote Originally Posted by ed vitanovec View Post
    Grizzly has the smaller G0700.
    I have checked the G0700. It doesn't have as much cross cut capacity (34" vs 63"). Still looking though.

Ed, you have had the G0623 for a while, correct? What are your ongoing impressions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    Have you checked used ?
    I have been checking the used market everyday. I found a used G0623 on Ex-Factory, but it is in Washington. Waiting on a shipping estimate, but the sales rep indicated that he thought shipping would be really high.

There are a few sliders available used, but most that I have seen are either too big for my shop or to expensive for my budget.

There is a minimally used Hammer K3 in the classified section for 4,000 or best offer, with several blades. I have the same saw and really like it. The dado king and woodworker II blade are worth around $500.

Brian
    Brian E. Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rowe View Post
    The only one I would consider in that price range is the Hammer K3.
    It might be nice if you qualified that comment.

I'm not surprised at the fact that there is some wait time. This is a big serious machine and a supplier has to balance the supply to the demand.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cosgrove View Post
    There is a minimally used Hammer K3 in the classified section for 4,000 or best offer, with several blades. I have the same saw and really like it. The dado king and woodworker II blade are worth around $500.

Brian
    I'll second that one, not sure how far you are from this seller? Here is the link

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...tc.-Tolland-CT

That would be a GREAT saw for you.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I would love to get that K3. Not sure if I could talk LOML into the extra $1k (took me a while to get to 3k)

Tolland, CT would be a loong drive from here in NC, about 10-12 hours. Might be worth the road trip, since I still have family in New Britain and Southington.

Well ain't that somethin'.

I got an email from a customer service supervisor @ Grizzly. She had read this post and asked me to contact her, which I did as soon as I read the email.

After reading my post she checked with the buyers and found that the G0623X will be back in stock on July 11 in the MO warehouse, not October. That was good enough for me. My order has been placed. 3 (or so) weeks and counting.

Now that is how you do customer service. Thank you Grizzly (and special thanks to Jean)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Engel View Post
    Well ain't that somethin'.

I got an email from a customer service supervisor @ Grizzly. She had read this post and asked me to contact her, which I did as soon as I read the email.

After reading my post she checked with the buyers and found that the G0623X will be back in stock on July 11 in the MO warehouse, not October. That was good enough for me. My order has been placed. 3 (or so) weeks and counting.

Now that is how you do customer service. Thank you Grizzly (and special thanks to Jean)
    But, but, but what kind of customer service is that? They should have never ran out. Somebody was going to say it. I'm glad it worked out for you. Congrats on your new toy. You know what they say. Now pictures didn't happen. I will be looking foward to the pictures when you get it.

Just a thought

I'd STILL keep working LOYL for the say-so on that extra grand.

A slider is NOT the only new tool out there, ya' know

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brooks View Post
    I'd STILL keep working LOYL for the say-so on that extra grand.

A slider is NOT the only new tool out there, ya' know
    Oh yeah. Plus, the new accessories.

I paid for a 48x78 Hammer K3W in full on 4-25-11. The saw will arrive at my door 6-21-11.

That's approximately a 2 month lead time.

It took me about a month to sell my Grizzly 1023SLX with Excalibur sliding table attachment for $650. I also included brand new v-link belts and two like-new Freud Diablo 10" saw blades.

So IMO, waiting until July 29 is what I would do unless you absolutely need a saw right now for business reasons or whatever.

I had at least a month with no tablesaw and just used a track saw instead for a few hobby projects I worked on.