Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: True Confessions......

What mess???

Typical rantings of a devious attorney type, trying to lull us into a guilt trip because of our own inability to see the floor around our lathes!!

John, I'm not so sure of the direction of your message. I did make the humble attempt yesterday to sweep up shavings & empty the overflowing garbage can in my shop. I'm not sure how many more bags of chips/dust there is to sweep up. Temperature in my shop was sitting over the 100 F mark, so I let that excuse prevent me from doing anymore cleaning. Now after seeing that fine example in the picture, I'm ashamed to walk back out to my shop & see what is waiting on me. I think any pictures I do take, must be a finished product only. No shop pictures after that fine example above.
    Billy

"...get back to turning so you can show us a real mess..."

I suspect that he got these shavings from Mike Smith. Ordered a fifty pound sack of 'em just so's he could scatter 'em around and make it look like his shop was a "mess".
    David DeCristoforo

John,

Sorry, "confessions" just don't cut it around here.

How do we know the shavings weren't just cloned in Photoshop from a photo of a "real" shop?

We need notarized affidavits, in triplicate.

Only then can we begin interviewing character witnesses and scheduling the unscheduled inspections.
    Last edited by Alan Zenreich; 06-18-2011 at 6:24 PM.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

OK, I guess I missed the picture showing the "mess". I do see the picture that looks similar to AFTER I clean up my mess, though!

*that does NOT look like box elder on the lathe!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

If you think that is a mess, Mr. Keeton, than you obviously haven't seen my shop.
    David

Mess??? What mess? You can claim a mess after you have a shaving avalanche, and it takes search and rescue 3 hours to dig you out! That's how the wife describes my shop.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

John, I too feel your pain but sometimes I just get carried away...................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

John, It is all in the perception. You call your shop dirty and I call it clean. I call my shop dirty and you have really scary nightmares. I will take a picture of my lathe area tomorrow and post. Young turners should be banned from viewing it.
    I turn, therefore I am

Heck thats not so bad. You can still see most of the floor. I tend to let mine go until the pile gets so deep I can't kick it out of the way.

That's no mess. It'd only take a couple minutes to clean up.

Heck last time I "cleaned up" it was only because I couldn't find the tailstock center when I dropped it....
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Now, boys and girls, let's get a grip on reality here. This exposition from Mr. K seems like a practice run for when he commits an indescretion sometime in the future after he gets elected to Congress.

I'm sure he chose a dark colored wood to litter the floor with, lest we couldn't see anything in the picture.

I am also accused of having a 'clean' shop by erstwhile friends. I just point to a bucket of shavings I keep for such occasions and invite them to scatter them around so they can feel more at home ;-)

I think I smell an attorney.....hmmmm I do, I do....lol

The only time shaving are a problem is that when you drop something and you cant find it for the shavings... See I had a box of 10 square blades for my easy rougher, well that to me is worth about 150.00 bucks and I couldnt find them. Well I ran my fingers thru the shavings, oh it felt so good, and still coulnt find those blades. Well finally when I cleaned my shavings right there on the bench was my box of easy rougher replacement blades...
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Disgusting, Just Disgusting John shame on you. But we all forgive you for your moment of weakness. Wait a minute 3 days thats not a moment .