Thread: News about Forrest Saw Blades

News about Forrest Saw Blades

Anyone hear anything about Forrest? Their website seems to be down (or non-existant). Was hoping to send in a blade for sharpening and can't seem to get thru. May just be a temporary glitch, or have I missed something big?
    Gary

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    I called their 800 number ... got a recorded message and tried to press "0" for operator ... no answer ??? ??? ??? All links to their site seem to be dead. Time will tell.

That scares me about their 800 number non responsive...

"How its made" on discovery channel had a show where they let viewers see the entire sawblade making process for Leitz/Festool blades. They use lasers to cut out the shape and a machine that automatically brazes the carbide on and another series of large machines that sharpen and polish. The most amazing part is how the blades get handled individually by a technician to hand flatten, a computer inspects and measures the angles of every single piece of carbide that's on the blade, and another inspection at the end where they use light to reflect off the blade and a straight edge to ensure flatness.

It makes me feel better about spending $100 on a saw blade knowing how much work is involved in the process.

They may have forgot to renew the Domain, I called and they answered, said something is wrong with the hosting service.

I just checked and the site is working normally. I think they had a glitch but it was temporary.

Interesting, I'm still getting nothing.

May want to flush your cache...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Benson View Post
    Interesting, I'm still getting nothing.
    Give it another try, it may be something with your ISP or cache so make sure you clear it.

http://www.forrestblades.com/

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    Give it another try, it may be something with your ISP or cache so make sure you clear it.

http://www.forrestblades.com/
    Bill, your link points to a web hosting site, called Network Solutions with a note saying “forrestblades.com expired on 06/12/2011 and is pending renewal or deletion.”

Forrest Saw Blades Online is still active: http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.co...FQYbQgodGh9QMQ

It’s probably just an oversight, these things happen.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Bill, your link points to a web hosting site, called Network Solutions with a note saying “forrestblades.com expired on 06/12/2011 and is pending renewal or deletion.”

Forrest Saw Blades Online is still active: http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.co...FQYbQgodGh9QMQ

It’s probably just an oversight, these things happen.

I cleared everything and tried it again and I can still get there, I think it must be something to do with the routing. It looks like they are changing host companies, the new one is different then the one I have. The DNS servers take awhile to get things weeded out, the new one is On Line Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    I cleared everything and tried it again and I can still get there, I think it must be something to do with the routing. It looks like they are changing host companies, the new one is different then the one I have. The DNS servers take awhile to get things weeded out, the new one is On Line Media.
    LOL! Your link does indeed go to Forrest now, but that’s not where it went 30 minutes ago.

Lee Trevino

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    ....Forrest Saw Blades Online is still active: http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.co...godGh9QMQ.....
    Bruce.... The link you provided is not the Forrest website, just a place selling Forrest products.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Angrisani View Post
    Bruce.... The link you provided is not the Forrest website, just a place selling Forrest products.
    Oops! Thanks for pointing that out.

Lee Trevino