Thread: Grinder pedestal with dust collector

Grinder pedestal with dust collector

I just find a pedestal with dust collector, it could be useful . but it is a pity that i cannot find specific information about it.
    It is a grinder pedestal, having dust extractor, so can somebody help me???
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't tell what the question is. When you say found, do you mean in a book or catalog or do you now have it? Dust collection may mean there is a fan somewhere on the arbor that sets up some suction and an open area accessed from the back of the pedestal for it to drop in to. It might just mean there is an opening for some of the grindings to fall through to the pedestal or it could mean there is a place to hook up a hose from a vacuum or dust collector. We wouldn't be able to tell without some further info.
    Larry R
    Seattle

Thanks Larry, your undrstanding is right. Yeah, I just found in a book,but I dont know how it really works, I just want to know how to use it, if possible, I will buy one

Who makes it?

I'd be extremely leery of a grinder attached to a dust collection system. Big fire potential mixing hot metal swarf with wood dust. If it's a standalone deal, that would be handy indeed...I hate the grey area around my grinder.
    Mick

Amour Hannah,

First, welcome to the board!

Grinders, at least the heavier duty ones, often have dust ports at the rear of the wheel coverings; if you look closely at the picture, you can see a bit of hose exiting one of the ports. The ports I've seen are around 1-1/2"- 2" diameter, like for the size of a shop vac hose. I used a grinder for years without hooking the ports up to a dust collection, though, and there really wasn't much of a mess.
    Last edited by Frank Drew; 06-22-2011 at 9:16 AM.

CREUSEN,I have looked at their products, they are very exquisite,but dont know how is their function.