Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i am so bummed out this week that i sold my powermatic jointer

i am so bummed out this week that i sold my powermatic jointer

nothing more to be said....

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    You sold it because you are bummed out or you're bummed out because you sold it?
    Cheer up, you'll find a replacement.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

woops...bummed out because i sold it. it was 3 years ago...sold it to someone on the creek.

You are bummed out this week from having sold a jointer 3 years ago? What brings on these feelings after 3 years?

I think it's called "Delayed-Onset ..." something-or-other

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    You are bummed out this week from having sold a jointer 3 years ago? What brings on these feelings after 3 years?
    i sold it because i was having trouble getting 220 down to my basement...and i had 2 girls starting college..and this past weekend i finally found someone to put the 220 in.

Wait, do you hear that sound? I think I hear opportunity knocking. Opportunity to buy another 8" jointer.

I know how you feel. I have had to, on occasion, part with things I'd just as soon have been able to keep.

But in the long run, the universe always takes care of me.

Blog Entries
    I hear the cost of one year's books for 2 students easily equaling the cost of a new jointer. Its your turn.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Congrats on the 220! Now go help out the economy and buy that 12" bad boy you've always wanted!

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I hear the cost of one year's books for 2 students easily equaling the cost of a new jointer. Its your turn.
    Have you seen how much text books cost now? Books for one class could buy a jointer.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Have you seen how much text books cost now? Books for one class could buy a jointer.
    LOL! I’ve put two through collage. It’s all relative.

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    Jointer is more useful too !

I can remember when I was 220V-challenged, about 25 years ago. My awsome, almost-new Rockwell RC-33 planer was 220V-only and I could not even run it. It cost me about $200 to have a 100A sub-panel installed in my garage. Shortly after, I acquired a good older rotary phase converter, I was all set for any single- or three-phase machine that might come my way. I have never been guilty of selling off as much as I continued to acquire.

Take the selling of your Powermatic in stride. You can get another one. Now there's 220V at the end of the tunnel!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

i saw this on craiglist last night and they are willing to deliver it for the asking price...its a 6" woodtek. There is some surface rust, but she claims it has been used twice and is like brand new. I think i am going to go for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

how much are they asking for that jointer? I have one just like it that I want to sell, just curious.