Thread: Jet JJP-12 Width

Jet JJP-12 Width

I may buy a Jet Planer/Jointer, JJP-12. But I have a narrow door to get the machine through.

Can a JJP-12 owner please tell me the minimum size door the JJP-12 will get through?

Thank You

Shouldn't be a problem, unless your talking about a doggie door. It's not big at all.

Dimensions are in the manual.

A growing number of our members are having some real problems with this machine. Might want to investigate a bit.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...nter-Planer%29
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ugh-the-window...

Thanks Michael for the links. I am considering other machines also.

As far as the width question, manuals can be wrong or just give you the ASSEMBLED WIDTH. I wanted to know if there was a way to reduce the width by removing anything, like the fence, etc. I need quantitative data, not qualitative.

Robert, how wide is your door opening?
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

By sliding the fence forward, and removing the cutter guard (both tool-free operations) you can get it to less than 24". Nothing you can remove or disassemble will get it any less than this. Unless you have a very narrow door you should be OK.
    Colorado Woodworkers Guild
    Colorado CNC User Group

The fence can easily be removed. On my JJP12, I measured 21.5" from the cabinet back to the front of the on/off button assembly (which protrudes from the cabinet front).

Thank you very much for the replies on the width.

Jet would not reply to my emails with anything other than what the manual says, even though I said I needed to see if anything could be removed to fit through a 29-inch door.

Thanks again.

What Michael said. It takes <5 min. to remove the fence. 29" is NO problem at all. Just remember the little sucker is about 500 lbs. It is pretty compact though.