Here are my three instant gallery entries from last weekend's AAW symposium in St Paul. The first is my spalted beech bowl that I sold. It is about 7 x 5.5 inches high. Here is the link to my other thread where I talked about selling it.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...30797#poststop

The second is a spalted beech bowl that is about 5 x 2.5 inches.

The third is an apple bowl that is one of my wife's favorites. It is about 6 x 4 inches tall and was made from one of our apple trees that fell down.

The Instant Gallery was very large and there was some amazing work in it. A lot of it was much more artsy than I could do. I'm more of an form follows function kind of guy. There were also a lot of folks who have a lot more patience (and time) than I do. This is especially true of some of the segmented guys. Putting several thousand tiny pieces together so you can turn it is amazing.

The symposium was a lot of fun and at the same time very tiring. I hope that I can go to California next year for my second one.

Cheers,
David

AAW Instant Gallery 2 6-2011-2.jpgAAW Instant Gallery 1 6-2011-1.jpgAAW Instant Gallery 3 6-2011-3.JPG