Thread: Anyone ever see a Dual TS, mobile workstation?

Question Anyone ever see a Dual TS, mobile workstation?

My garage 26x24 shop has always been adequate for shop + small import.

Last summer I bought a Unisaw to replace my trusty Ridgid 3650. I was planning on using the 3650 as a dedicated Dado saw. I would have been fine except this summer I bought a '65 Lincoln.

So now I REALLY need to consolidate some workstations. I want to create a mobile station I can store against the wall, but supports both saws, and uses a single fence. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I might add the Router table to one end. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this in the past.

This is the closest I've seen.

300_IMG_9512d.jpg

A mobile thing with two tablesaws and a router table? It's going to be as big as that '65 Lincoln!

Maybe it needs a motor too. I'm thinking Tim Allen here -- a small-block V-8 or so.

photo (4) (2).JPGphoto (3).jpgphoto (2).jpg this is what i did with my two table saws
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aaron Neve; 09-03-2011 at 3:54 PM.

i have no idea y mike ditka is on there... it wont let me delete him... lol

2011-08-13_20-43-39_264 (1).jpgI made mine out of 3" by 3" by 1/4" angle iron. It's probably big enough for 2 unisaws. I plan to build a router station on the other side...

How does the dedicated Dado station help speed things up? Aren't you still changing out the dado stack for different widths?