Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waco swat

Waco swat

Hey fellow creek turners, how many of you have plans to be in Waco, Texas for SWAT 08-26,27, & 28? When visiting with David Keller the other day he suggested that all of us that had interest should get togeather for dinner one night.
    After looking at the schedual today, it looks like friday the 26th would be the only time that I see that would work for dinner. We could do lunch one day if that is the preference.
    I have a young friend in Waco that will help us with reservations at the resterant that has been voted "WACO'S BEST". He also can arrange a tour of their woodworking & tuning school.
    You can post here, or PM me, or email me or call me & I will be happy to make the arrangements. I just don't know if it might be 10 or 100.
    Sam
    SAM

My wife and I are in for something like that! I hope to meet quite a few Creekers at SWAT. Let me know if I can help.

It sure was nice to meet you and your wife the other day, and I'm looking forward to talking turning in Waco.

I'm planning to be there. Do you have to be a member to attend?

No Steve, membership is not required.
    Check out this link. www.swaturners.org
    Sam
    SAM

I am planning on being there on Thursday late afternoon....leave Sunday afternoon. Dinner sounds good to me...I probably won't have any cash left but the LOML says the CC still has room.

Membership is definitely not required. Where you are located in Lewisville, you will see folks from all 3 local DFW clubs all of which are helping to sponsor SWAT. Hopefully, you have visited the the Golden Triangle Woodturner club in Denton. I'm a member and we usually corral together at SWAT for dinners and lunches.

Next GTW meeting is next Tuesday (July 5th). Eli Avisera is the guest demonstrator for the night courtesy of Canyon Studios. Eli was one of the SWAT demonstrators last year.
    Last edited by Chip Sutherland; 07-02-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: clarification

I will be at SWAT, count me in.

Sounds like fun. There is a decent for Waco Mexican restaurant across from the convention center that is not to expensive. That might a a good place.

Alan

I'm in unless it's Fri. night. I'm hosting the SIG for new turners that night.

I'm registered to attend and hope to make it. I'll be looking for details.

Hi Sam,
    I am planning on being at SWAT. A meal with fellow Creekers sounds nice. I'll stay posted..

Vince
    Last edited by John Keeton; 07-04-2011 at 8:55 AM.
    VincesWoodNWonders

I'm in along with my wife (she doesn't know it yet)

BTW - SWAT is the second largest symposium besides the national, it is very well run and includes lunch so you never have to leave the building all day.

After reading all the good stuff about the symposium in St. Louis, I was wishing there was something similar a bit closer. This sounds like it fits the bill but unfortunately the dates don't work for me this year. Sign me up for 2012!

I would like to part of a meal but Friday evening is out for me as I will be part of the SIG session and will going to the banquette on Sat.

Dan Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Welch View Post
    Hi Sam,
    I am planning on being at SWAT and bring loads of abrasives. A meal with fellow Creekers sounds nice. I'll stay posted..

Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Thompson View Post
    I'm in along with my wife (she doesn't know it yet)

BTW - SWAT is the second largest symposium besides the national, it is very well run and includes lunch so you never have to leave the building all day.
    Oh man, Vince and Doug in the vendor area means my shopping budget is going up and up... Oh well, can't take it with me.