Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turned out great

Turned out great

Any ideas on how to get girls to turn? Seems like most turners are guys. At 244 this morning my wife delivered our fourth child. All four of my children are girls. Trying to get this post on a turning related subject so it doesn't get moved and also let my friends here know that I'm a happy papa again.
    David

Congratulations on the new arrival and plans to add on to your home!!
    There are several female turners on here - get some advice from them and start following it!

David, congrats!!! Hope Mom and daughter (and Dad!) are doing well. Of all of my 14 grandkids (11 boys!) it is only the girls that show much interest in woodturning! I would say you have the best odds of any of us of producing woodturning progeny.

Congrats, David! I hope mom and baby are both well.

Four?!? You've got to figure out what keeps causing that!

Congrats on number 4!!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Congratulations on your new daughter. My guess is that you have some time to figure out how to get them into the turning vortex. With four daughters and a wife you have your own vortex. Relax and enjoy the spin.

Congratulations on the new daughter.

At 13 my youngest is the first of my daughters to show any interest. Here she is turning a handle for a horse grooming box.

If I had six hours to chop down a tree I'd hire someone else to do it and put my time to better use.

Congrats!!!!

I am with you on this. I have 3 daughters and 0 boys. My oldest is 10 and I am thinking I want to try to get her into making things go round. Congrats again. You can never have too many "Daddy's Girls" but you will likely run out of money much sooner than if they were boys.......

Girls are great for the turning hobby. My grown daughters are a constant source of "ideas" (as in requests) for things to turn or make. Also pretty good at suggesting improvements and sales ideas.

COngratz!!! They can make pendants and earings!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Congrats David. Hope mom, dad and baby are doing well.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congratulations. Hope everyone is good. Having daughters is a good thing. When they grow up they spoil Dad rotten

David, I know how it feels to have a house full of girls, wife and 3 daughters and one son. But I got a bunch more honorary son's who were best buddies of our boy from football and wrestling in highscool, they come around and ask for guideance and help with things all the time, so that makes me feell pretty good! With that being said you will have all the expenses of prom and other dresses and all the things that go along with the girls as they grow to adult hood. Then you will get a batch son-in-laws to help out with the being out numbered by girls!

But we never will trade our little ones for anything, and then later you will get to be like me and spoil the new grand babies!

Congratulations and a blessing and prayer for good health and happiness to you all,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Congratulation on the family addition.
    The first thing my grand-daughter turned was jump rope handles. Boxes or stands for jewelry?
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

One way to get girls interested in turning is to cut a hollow tenon in the end of a 2 inch round practice piece. Then stick $2 in the hole and seal with glue and a plug.

Declare first one to make a slip ring spin on the axies gets to use the cut off tool to access the $2.

Well...rethinking....today's prices...you might need to add a zero to the $2 ! Hoot!