I finally assembled the necessary components and was able to install my new CBN grinding wheels that I purchased from Dave Schweitzer of D-Way Tools. I took Bill Neddow's advise and replaced my high speed grinder to a slow speed unit. These wheels cut very, very, fast!

As Dave says in his video, " ya just gotta fiddle with 'em". It didn't take me long to position the wheels so that most of the wobble was gone. The wheels are balanced and take forever to stop on the grinder. The grinder with wheels on is very quiet.

I used my Glaser 15V oval bowl gouge. Normally I would de-burr after grinding but to show how the gouge looked right after grinding, I omitted this step. The gouge was much, much, cooler with the CBN wheels than with my previous Oneway wheels. I didn't have a dust cloud around me when I was done grinding.

I liked the fact that these wheels are wider than my former wheels. And I was able to use these 8" wheels on my 7"grinder without fear of the wheels exploding on me. They are factory balanced and grinder and wheel run extremely quiet together.

Grinding gouges has become fun again!
CBN WHEELS1.jpgCBN WHEELS3.jpgCBN WHEELS4.jpgCBN WHEELS2.jpg