Thread: HomeStead Finishing

HomeStead Finishing

Hello All,

I need to order some em6000 and wb-sealcoat. I usually order finishing product from HomeStead Finishing. When I looked a couple of weeks ago it looked like they were closing out their stock of TargetCoatings stuff.

Anyone have info on that? Are they switching over to General Finishes for a reason? Is TargetCoatings discontinuing their em6000 and sealcoat maybe?

TIA

Jeff's always been good about prompt reply to email inquiries.......more than likely, that's your best source of info.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Jeff's always been good about prompt reply to email inquiries.......more than likely, that's your best source of info.
    I sent an email this morning also. I will let ya'll know what I hear.

Just a guess, but I'd guess that Target prefers to sell direct for freshness reasons.

I can't comment on why Jeff is closing out the Target products, but that's probably a business decision on his part. He would be the best person to ask. Target has not discontinued anything. I buy my EM6000 direct. Get on their mailing list and you'll typically be getting emails with 30% off discount codes which also sometimes have free shipping.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Summers View Post
    Hello All,

I need to order some em6000 and wb-sealcoat. I usually order finishing product from HomeStead Finishing. When I looked a couple of weeks ago it looked like they were closing out their stock of TargetCoatings stuff.

Anyone have info on that? Are they switching over to General Finishes for a reason? Is TargetCoatings discontinuing their em6000 and sealcoat maybe?

TIA
    Few months back I called Homestead about some parts for my spray gun and mentioned I was using EM6000. He started to rip Target coatings. I called Target and was told they had a disagreement about pricing structure.

Mike

Thanks Everyone,

I guess my main concern was whether or not Target was ending the Em6000 line. When I looked at their site and it was on sale also, I thought uh-oh, they are also trying to clear out stock. But, I think it is like ya'll have mentioned just some business maneuvers here and there.

Thanks Again.

Jim, Target runs two sales monthly most of the time...and EM6000, being a top selling, gets included in most of them. The current email also shows they have now released a black version, just like they also sell the product in white as well as the clear that many of us use. EM6000 is the third generation of the product I've used...my kitchen was done with PSL, which was succeeded by USL and then by EM6000 when they decided to "normalize" the naming structure. (as well as make some additional changes to the formula from experience)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Target's been a little weird lately. A couple months ago, they couldn't fill orders. They took my order, but couldn't send me product. Worse, when my semi-gloss finally arrived, it was pretty obviously satin. I sent them an unhappy email about it, but they haven't replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Target's been a little weird lately. A couple months ago, they couldn't fill orders. They took my order, but couldn't send me product. Worse, when my semi-gloss finally arrived, it was pretty obviously satin. I sent them an unhappy email about it, but they haven't replied.
    Ugggh not cool.

This will be thread topic switch, but since it is a threaded started by me I guess it is kinda ok! Has anyone sprayed the General Finishes water based acrylics / lacquer? I use an LVLP conversion gun.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear that Jamie had a bad experience with Target customer service. I had a better experience. I ordered a gallon of EM6000 during TFZ's free shipping offer but they sent SC9000 instead. I emailed asking how to get my correct product and TFZ authorized UPS pickup/return of the SC9000 and sent the correct product within a couple of days.

Just offering another perspective -- in my case Target/TFZ provided good customer service.

Hi Jim

I use General Finishes Enduro Pre-Cat Urethane, and Pre-Cat Sanding Sealer. I use an HVLP conversion gun. The finish is easy to spray with outstanding result. You can add a cross linker for additional durability if you like.

I have never used Target coatings so I can not compare.

Sam