Thread: diamond wheel lubrication

diamond wheel lubrication

not trying to be out of line with the rules was just on wood central forum, and Cindy Drozda just posted about lubrication of the diamond wheels or CBN. I know alot of creekers just picked some up you might want to look in to it.

she puts a small brush on the back of the wheel with some chainsaw oil.

again delete if you have to thought it was good info

2. CBN is not diamond from my understanding......it is cubic boron nitride composite on a steel wheel. I would want to have Dave at D-way chime in on the benefit or detriment to using oil on that substrate. On Cindy's video, she used it on a wood river diamond wheel.......diamond honing can use water, but DMT the maker of a lot of diamond sharpeners says do not use oil on their diamond stones.

I am just wondering ............not trying to be argumentative.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I use water on my diamond wheel. Just keep a spray bottle handy. The folks using CBN wheels are reporting fast metal removal with very little heat. Since the main purpose of the water is to reduce heat, I would think it unnecessary to lubricate a DBN wheel.

I have never used diamond wheels, but I have used diamond core drills for drilling rock. For these I used diamond tool coolant concentrate to make the cooling solution.

http://www.amazon.com/Bottle-Diamond...cm_cr-mr-title

It basically makes a soapy water, but it is actually better than water when the wheel is in danger of getting hot.