Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Festool Gloat

New Festool Gloat

All of you Festoolians finally convinced me to take the plunge and I scraped together enough to purchase a TS 55 and a CT 36. I thank all of you for your recommendations and as proof that it did happen...the following photo.

IMG00176-20110712-1827.jpg

You have now been assimilated .

You'll love it. I find mine gets plenty of use despite me having a slider and a cabinet saw.

Any plans to case up the tracks?

The soft one is decent for jobsite (sling 'em over the shoulder) and keeps all of them together in the shop too.

Looks nice Jeffery, I recently purchased a CT MIDI.............Have fun.................Rod.

P.S. My daughter claims it looks like a photocopier, not a vacuum

Nice score Jefferey, do you have a sander picked out yet, or router, or jigsaw, or a mft table, the list goes on...but I think in a short time you will see my point. Festool is a very slippery slope, but it is for a reason. The tools work well, and work well together. Enjoy
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Nice score Jefferey, do you have a sander picked out yet, or router, or jigsaw, or a mft table, the list goes on...but I think in a short time you will see my point. Festool is a very slippery slope, but it is for a reason. The tools work well, and work well together. Enjoy
    I have my eyes on the RO 90. From what I've read it looks like a winner. I've been salivating over Festool for the last six months, reading and researching as much as I could. I see many of their tools I would like to have, its just a matter of funding them now :-)

Skip on the RO90, it is so popular because it is the new kid on the block. Really how often do you sand 2" surfaces or inside corners. Get the ETS150/5 and you will transform your sanding experience for good. Next up should be some quick clamps for the rail and a 28t Festool or Tenryu blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Stricker View Post
    Skip on the RO90, it is so popular because it is the new kid on the block. Really how often do you sand 2" surfaces or inside corners. Get the ETS150/5 and you will transform your sanding experience for good. Next up should be some quick clamps for the rail and a 28t Festool or Tenryu blade.
    I'd 2nd Kevin's advice on the RO90, its a little small for my liking. I'd consider a RO125 or a RO150 for a good "all around" sander. I have the RO150, its a nice sander but an ETS125 will be my next festool purchase.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

With all the recommendations and praise of the Festool TS 55, I ordered one also, should be delivered today from Amazon. I got fed-up with using a circular saw and a All-In-One Low-Profile Contractor Clamp to breakdown sheet goods. was wasting too much wood with poor quality cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ewell View Post
    Any plans to case up the tracks?

The soft one is decent for jobsite (sling 'em over the shoulder) and keeps all of them together in the shop too.
    Tom I think I'm going to ask my wife to make me a case for them. She's very handy with a sewing machine so after she gets over being mad at me for spending so much money I think she will help me out. Lol.

It starts with one. Then two. Then four. Then the owner of Woodcraft personally greets you when you walk in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    It starts with one. Then two. Then four. Then the owner of Woodcraft personally greets you when you walk in the store.
    Ain't that the truth....

+1 for Festool sanders. Imagine dust free sanding!
    New Canuck Workshop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferey Scott View Post
    I have my eyes on the RO 90. From what I've read it looks like a winner. I've been salivating over Festool for the last six months, reading and researching as much as I could. I see many of their tools I would like to have, its just a matter of funding them now :-)
    I have a Rotex 150 and an ETS 150/3. For woodworking, get the ETS150/3... no question. The Rotex is heavier and not as well balanced. The 150/3, despite being less 'aggressive' can still sand wood down very quickly PLUS it is capable of producing very fine finishes @ higher grits.

Recommendation: Buy the boom arm -or- fashion some sort of hose hanger over your bench. It makes sanding very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Portland View Post
    It makes sanding very enjoyable.
    Sanding? Enjoyable? Really?