Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waco, TX....here I come!!!

Waco, TX....here I come!!!

The supreme lathe commander (along with the real boss) have decided that the 8 hour drive is not too far way and so I (and the LOML) will be heading down to the SWAT Symposium!!! If it is half as much fun as St Paul, it will be a fantastic event!! Maybe this time I will actually make it to more than 1 demo!

Now....what to take with me......
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Congrats Scott! I am jealous.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Now....what to take with me......
    memememememeeeee!!!!!!!!

we want pictures and report

enjoy and be safe!!!!

Now....what to take with me......[/QUOTE]

Lots of money?
    David

The good thing is that I went on a lunatic buying binge in St Paul, so there isn't a whole lot that I have on my wish list. I have a MUCH smaller list, this time. Expecially if D-Way isn't coming to sell their CBN wheels. Having held my new Thompson 16" handle for a while now, I really like it and might be giving Doug some more $$.

Plus if I win the Stubby I wont feel the need to buy a bunch of stuff!!!
    -------
    -------

I'll see you there, Scott. The wife and I are making the trip as well. Since I didn't make it to St. Paul, I'll be on the ridiculous buying spree this time. I'm a bit disappointed that Dave's not gonna make it... I may has to order now, or it could be long time before SWMBO allows for anything after Waco. I'm not sure I can withstand the CBN crew's mockery much longer anyway.

Mike Smith is going to be there, and he'll be fresh off his Pacific northwest wood gathering spree... Walnut, madrone, Myrtle, BLM, etc. Did your list just get a little longer? I know mine seems to be growing!

Color me green!
    Have fun and take lots of pics!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

See 'ya there!
    Robust American Beauty lathe, 25” swing, electronic variable speed 80-3000 RPM
    Colt SML-350 14” midi-lathe, electronic variable speed 80-3700 RPM

'73 52" Rockwell-Delta Unisaw, 14" Variable speed Jet bandsaw, 6" Jet Jointer, 20" Dewalt scrollsaw, 15" Craftsman drill press

Tinkerer and woodturner
    1,475 mi SSW of Steve Schlumpf

Have a great time Scott. Let us know how it went.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Have a great time Scott! I am sure you will come up with something you need. Just attend a couple of demo's and you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Smith View Post
    Have a great time Scott! I am sure you will come up with something you need. Just attend a couple of demo's and you will.
    Thanks what I am afraid of Baxter! I only made it to one of the demos (Trent Bosch) and ended up buying his carving stand for your chuck. That cost me $150! And after I got home I promptly went to HF and bought an air autobody saw for rapid stock removal prior to carving (another $15!). Watched Molly Winton making one of her signature vessels and walked away with a $189 wood burner!! And the list goes on and on.... lol

Of course I wanted both of those things before....but they helped push me over the edge!

Keller, you better bring a carry-on suit case on wheels! A little tip I learned from Mr. Keaton!
    -------
    -------

I'll be there. I think I will probably help my club in the registration booth. That's a great place to meet up with friends. Unfortunately, Marriott wouldn't cough up a room for me and my Reward points. I'm staying north of town. Free save a little driving each morning. Figure I'll have $250 for the vendors. I don't need wood or tools but I must feed the vortex...

Will see you all there. Bring stuff for the instant gallery by all means. Do we need a volunteer locally to plan a "get-together". SWAT has a very similar program of events as AAW. Am anxious to see Doug Fisher's rotations on his Pacific Northwest Native Art stuff. AND....D-way tools, com'on Dave, make the SWAT thing, two turners need Dia. wheels.
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is probably not for you

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    But rather learning to dance in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adkins View Post
    Will see you all there. Bring stuff for the instant gallery by all means. Do we need a volunteer locally to plan a "get-together". SWAT has a very similar program of events as AAW. Am anxious to see Doug Fisher's rotations on his Pacific Northwest Native Art stuff. AND....D-way tools, com'on Dave, make the SWAT thing, two turners need Dia. wheels.
    What would you all think of trying to get some tables together for lunch each day? I don't mind heading out for a bite to eat after a day's session, but the lunch thing seems like a cheap and easy solution. Now, if we could only figure out some way to identify each other... Wonder if Keeton has any stickers left?

I have to live vicariously through you guys again! You better take a camera with lots of memory cards! Y'all have fun, I guess I will have to go back to turning now
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein