Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pawn Stars buys a Shopsmith

Pawn Stars buys a Shopsmith

On July 25th, shown on the History channel, Pawn Stars buying a 1950 Shopsmith. I like to see if they even know what one is.

I'm sure they have a "buddy" that's an expert. Chum lee will pretend to cut off his fingers. The old man will complain they paid too much.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I like to see some of the stuff that comes in... but they're always deferring to other people, old man is always complaining, and Chum is a complete halfwit.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Yeah, but I sure am entertained and learn something most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    ... old man is always complaining, and Chum is a complete halfwit.
    ....sounds like the same format that Orange County Choppers used.

So what do you suppose a 1950 Shopsmith is worth?
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

The expert will say its worth $1500 in like new condition at action.
    So I am sure the seller wanted $1500 and then they will say that's not going to happen an buy it for $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Chum is a complete halfwit.
    Half is awfully generous.

I just hate how Rick always laughs and says that ain't going to happen

Why anyone would would try to unload goods at a pawn shop is beyond me. You would have better luck on Ebay or even Craig's List.
    Mark Conde
    Fishers, IN
    Epilog 30 Watt (wished I went bigger)
    FULLY equipped woodworking shop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Conde View Post
    Why anyone would would try to unload goods at a pawn shop is beyond me. You would have better luck on Ebay or even Craig's List.
    Because I'm sure you'll make top dollar selling a letter signed by President Kennedy on Craigslist...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

A pawn shop is instant cash and you can either pawn it for a loan or sell it outright for a done deal. You may get more money on the direct sale or you can take a little of the worth or the max the pawn shop will give you on a loan. E-bay and craigslist may take you a long time when you need some cash to buy a new water heater or food for the kids.

You all have to remember it is a show on TV, so you can be sure that 90% of it is scripted and planned so that the guys can be handy for the expert consults and to make sure that nothing is illegal or the customers who don't want to be on the show are not involved. This is not a "Real" Reality show, because it would have to be all hidden cameras to get the real truth. If you watch the other one that takes place in Detroit, you know it is all scripted and planned out, because if there is that many morons that come in, it would be hard to stay in business or not punch someone in the head!

Fun and entertainment with a little truth and information tossed in for good measure!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Simple

Smoke Crack and you'll have no troubles selling "your goods" to a pawn shop. In fact it will all make perfect sense and you will start to sell "other's goods" at the pawn shop.

To sell online, you have to spell, or try to spell, words.

You mean like the "Sherock Lefter" I saw in the tool section of Craigslist the other day. The seller meant Sheetrock Lifter but it turned out to be a drywall cart rather than a panel hoist. Don't even get me started about all the "radio arm saw" (aka radial arm saw) and "saw-saw" (aka Sawzall) ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fournier View Post
    Smoke Crack and you'll have no troubles selling "your goods" to a pawn shop. In fact it will all make perfect sense and you will start to sell "other's goods" at the pawn shop.

So well put and so true... I needed a good laugh and this thread has just done that... I gotta say though that I get a bigger kick out of Pawn Stars than OCC... OCC just drives me out of my mind, sort of like 2 girls just argueing all the time..
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant