Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newest vessel

Newest vessel

My latest open seg piece, all comments are welcome, whether constructive or non-constructive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow. I really like that piece David. I have only did one segmented piece and it wasn't to good. Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Amazing! Very intricate work well done. Thx for posting.
    mj

Very cool piece! It's a shame to see such a wonderful turning sitting on an appliance... Your skills deserve a better photo background IMHO.

Actually, it is sitting on top of my Lexmark printer.

Hi David: Great color combo..each distinct from the other..very eye grabbing design. The shape is pleasing. All in all I think it's a very striking bowl. Please the next time you send pictures, send with a plain background and show the inside of the vessel too..that way we can see the design on the inside.And a bit of info as to wood & size wouldn't hurt, either! Thanks for sharing with us

Excellent work!! Appears to be quite small in size, but hard to tell. And, I agree with others - work like this deserves a better photo op!

More pics!! That is great!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

that piece is awsome. how many pieces in it and what wood?
    Grandpa always told me. "A good woodworker is not one that makes no mistakes. A good woodworker is one who knows how to cover up his mistakes."

1,002 pieces of wood, Wood is Wenge (Dark colored), Holly (White), Padouk (Reddish).

In the future, I will provide a white background and show a top down view of the piece.

Nice colors and design. Very attractive!

Anything with a thousand pieces of wood in it is.... well... I'm at a loss! That is a very nice geometric pattern. "Bold" is the word that comes to mind. And the bowl shape is very nice also. I wouldn't pay those "photo cops" any mind. I think it looks great sitting on your freezer...
    David DeCristoforo

David, what are the dimensions??

And, David D. - it is a Lexmark printer!! Lexmark doesn't make freezers - yet!

Ha!! Those are 3 of my favorite woods...Paduk is a great pen wood...holly is just a tad short of amazing beyond all else!! I get splinters from wenge...but it has the same character as Paduk. Again...really cool!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Very nice. I do mostly segmented work, but have never done an open segmented form. A whole different ballgame I suspect. Nice work!