Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turnings

Bernie, nice work. Most of what I have turned so far is cherry. I like the bark on the NE.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Most excellent work, as we have come to expect from you Bernie. Good to see you back home and in the shop.

Very nice bowls, but the natural edge always catches my eye.

4. Nice work I like the NE piece but they all look great you did justice to the wood!
    Ermmm ............ lots of miles from Mr S very many miles

Very nice turnings. I like the shape of the cherry pieces.

The "calabash" is nice but the NE bowl is a knock out! Slam dunk! Over the fence! Beautiful bowl.
    David DeCristoforo

Nice work on all of them Bernie, but I am partial to the calabash style bowls. Looking good!

very nice, Bernie, you did a good job on that oak

Nice job on all. I prefer the finish on these to the others you posted ( but you have to keep thecustomer happy)!

Thanks again. Baxter these only have one coat on them. I will complete the finish when I get back on Monday. I will do a follow up post on them when completely done. I was just excited to be back in the shop for a week. I would still be there but we had a reunion on my wifes side. She hasn't seen her brothers since her sister died 4 yrs ago at 58.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Very well done - that must have been somewhat of a challenge to keep the bark attached on the oak bowl. Like many here, I see this as the star.