Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly G0623X assembly, Part 1

I received a replacement sleeve for the rip fence base from Grizzly and finally got a chance to take out the old one and put in the new one.

The old sleeve is on the left, new one on the right.

Grizzly G0623X 070.jpg

There are two flats machined into the shallow side of the sleeve, opposite the hole for the handle. I re-installed the spring pressure plate and re-assembled the rest of the fence base and slid the assembly back onto the fence rail.

What a difference! The fence slides nice and smooth and locks down securely with very little effort on the handle. The handle stays in the full upright position for moving the fence along the rail. In the middle position (the second flat machined into the sleeve) there is enough tension on the rail to hold the fence in place but still allow for fine adjustments by tapping the fence base with my fingers. Now this fence works exactly like I expect it to. I was also able to adjust the nylon set screws a little finer to eliminate all of the wiggle in the fence blade.

Grizzly G0623X 074.jpg
    Grizzly G0623X 076.jpgGrizzly G0623X 077.jpg

I also ordered some accessories for the saw from Grizzly. These parts were for the G0588 saw and I had to order each individual part and assemble them. First is a ripping shoe. The parts list called for one adjustable handle and one bolt. It makes more sense to me to have two adjustable handles, so a second one has been ordered.

Grizzly G0623X 069.jpg

Next is the very nice hold down clamp.

Grizzly G0623X 072.jpg

To make these two accessories work on the G0623X I only had to sand a few thousandths off of the t-nut plates to allow them to slide in the t-slots on the sliding table.

I was able to retofit my Incra 1000SE to work in the sliding table slots as well. I used the aluminum t-bar from OEM miter gauge. Had to drill and tap four holes to mount the Incra to the bar and add some nylon washers as spacers to get the proper clearance. Works like a dream.

Grizzly G0623X 067.jpgAttachment 204334
    Last edited by Mark Engel; 08-07-2011 at 9:21 AM.

do you have the part number and price on those hold down clamps? i need a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    do you have the part number and price on those hold down clamps? i need a few.
    Tim, I ordered all of the individual parts for the hold down clamp from the G0588 purchase parts list. I had to build the clamp from the parts. The parts to build the clamp on on the sliding table tab of the purchase parts list.

One thing to be aware of. The list shows two parts to make up the hold down, the hold down plate (259) and the hold down shaft (261). Part number 261 should come with the shaft and plate already attached. I received both parts individually and could not put them together. I called to customer service and was told that part 261 should have the plate attached. They sent me out a replacement. The replacement shaft/plate was about 2 inches longer.

What is the cost of the shoe and hold down?

The edge shoe with two adjustable handles totalled out to ~$25.25.
    The hold down clamp totalled out to ~$71.75

All of the parts with pricing and exploded view drawings are listed on Grizzly's web site. All of the parts I ordered were from the G0588 purchase parts list.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0588/parts/7

Blog Entries
    Are the outlet boxes in your way? It would seem that is where you'll be pushing the slider back and forth (tripping hazard).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Portland View Post
    Are the outlet boxes in your way? It would seem that is where you'll be pushing the slider back and forth (tripping hazard).
    They were, until about an hour ago.

I had those outlets put in when the shop was built and I had my old saw. I had the electricians over today to install some light fixtures in the house, so I had them move all the floor outlets to more convenient locations while they were here.

Almost forgot, no pictures, didn't happen.

Garage-Shop 306.jpg

Mark, how did you go about the retro fit for your Incra?
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Mark, how did you go about the retro fit for your Incra?
    I took the aluminum T-Bar mount from the OEM miter gauge and drilled and tapped four new holes using the Incra miter bar as a template.
    There are two 1/4-20 and two 10-32 threaded holes required.
    The aluminum T-Bar is not quite flush with the top of the sliding table, so I had to use nylon washers as spacers. The nylon washers allow the gauge pivot bolt and the vernier pointer to be tightened on the aluminum bar without binding in the T-Slot in the sliding table. The handle can then be loosened to allow the gauge to slide in the T-Slot and tightened to lock it at any point on the table.

great grizzly sliding table saw review