Thread: Bridgewood BW10 LTS, recomendations?

Bridgewood BW10 LTS, recomendations?

I've been lurking here for awhile, making use of the search function and gathering knowledge. Now I have a question.

I've been looking at the used table saw market and came across a Bridgewood BW10LTS that the owned is asking $900 for, the saw is in excellent condition (near new). From what I have read here the reviews for this saw were fairly good. My concern is, as I understand it, this saw is no longer sold in the US and not supported if I were to need a part. Is that correct? Would you have qualms buying this saw?

If I did pull the trigger and buy the saw, does anyone know what the used market is like for these saws as far as price?

This is an excellent forum and I have learned a great deal from it. Thank you!

Greetings Terry, and welcome to the Creek. Do stop by often and wade right in.

I bought the same saw back in 2003, and I have not had a moments problems with it. If Bridgewood was still in business, I would buy it again. From what I have heard, the BW10LTS is an imported copy of the PowerMatic TS of that era. As my rusty memory recalls, I paid right around $1,500 for it new.
    Best Regards, Ken

The used saw market is pretty soft now. Bridgewood was a pretty good Taiwanese import but i think the price is a little high. If it were a 12" saw I would take it at $900 but unless it comes with a really good fence it is more like 600-700. Parts are most likely available somewhere as most Taiwanese saws are clones of each other. Check out the motor as Bridgewood may have spec'd better motors. I would also check runout. Dave

The Bridgewood was affectionately known as the "Bridgetank" here at SMC by owners of the saw. It's true that it's no longer sold here in the states under that name, so you may be right about parts. $900 for a used well made but slightly off name import seems high to me.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thanks everyone! $900 did seem high to me too, I was thinking more like $800. I'm 55 so when I buy things these days I'm thinking lifetime. It should last me the rest of my days. Maybe I'm just cheap.

Well, I did the deal. I rented a motorcycle trailer to bring it home, it worked out very well. That saw is a bear to move though - HEAVY! I'm tickled with the deal though, the seller gave me 3 new Freud blades and an almost new Freud Dado set, plus he even threw in an old radial arm saw. I'll need to disassemble the arm saw and clean it up but it works and it was something I can use, you can see it in the photo.

There are trees quaking at their roots all over the World now. Stay tuned the dust is going to fly DSC01860.jpgDSC01859.jpgDSC01858.jpg

Congrats. Terry. As you have noticed already, it is built like the old brick outhouse. I am told that in the Bridgewood show room, they had a 10LTS and a PM-66 side by side both with their tops off. They both looked the same inside.

I put an Incra fence and Woodpecker router table on my saw.

Have fun, but be careful.
    Best Regards, Ken

Back when I first started dreaming about getting a cabinet saw, this one was high on the list. Never even saw one, but just reading the posts about those here at the Creek that had them made me know that they were a great saw. Congrats and use it well! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Congrats Terry. I have never heard a bad word about the Bridgewood, I think you will be happy with it.
    I would put some support legs under the table.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks again everyone. I do have the support legs for the table, just haven't put them back on. It's in my garage temporarily until I organize a place for it in my basement.

Now I need to run a 220 circuit.

Ken, just curious how does the Woodpecker router table setup you have look? I do want to a router table to mine eventually. Thanks,
    Terry