Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jointech help

Jointech help

I have been trying to contact Jointech for parts on my Smartlift and now cannot raise their website. Have they gone under? I know the origional owner died but a son was carrying on. I need parts for my lift mechanism.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-26-2011 at 2:11 PM.

There was a thread here or on another forum last year where someone dropped off a fence to be repaired at the Jointech offices. Many months went by with nothing heard from Jointech and he got no replies to emails and phone calls. He stopped by their offices during normal weekday business hours while on a business trip. The place was locked, dark, with nobody in sight. He could tell by peering through a window that his fence was in the same position on a table where it had been many months earlier. A person working in a nearby business said they rarely saw anyone there and nobody recently. Another post contained an email supposedly from the owner, saying he was in the "process of merging" with another company. My guess is they went under and weren't able to merge or sell the business.
    Last edited by Alan Schaffter; 07-18-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Jointech is still there

It is not true.

Thanks for your interest in iTools Company,

Ernest Saldana
    iTools Company, LLC
    San Antonio, TX

On Mon 07/25/11 10:54 PM , "Hal Flynt" sent:
    I have heard that you are no longer in business. Please tell me that isn’t true.

Thanks,

Hal H. Flynt

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stuewe View Post
    I have been trying to contact Jointech for parts on my Smartlift and now cannot raise their website. Have they gone under? I know the origional owner died but a son was carrying on. I need parts for my lift mechanism.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-26-2011 at 2:11 PM.

Hal, do you know how to contact them. They list no phone number and have not responded to my emails.
    Thanks,
    Bill

I used this: Need Help? All Customer Service issues are handled by iTools Company. You can email your question to customersvc@jointech.com .

and received a reply from Ernest

ezs@itoolscompany.com
    Ernest Saldana

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stuewe View Post
    Hal, do you know how to contact them. They list no phone number and have not responded to my emails.

I'd look here before sending them any money:
    http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bus...io-tx-90073753

It's such a shame. Their customer service at the shows was excellent. I love my Smart Miter. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I'd look here before sending them any money:
    http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bus...io-tx-90073753
    Read these two reports on Google Maps

Or check them out on Lumberjocks

or this from a FWW forum "by DonJ441 in reply to RalphBarker [original] on Tue, 03/15/2011 - 16:17 "I live in San Antonio and am sorry that they closed down; last weekend I noticed a couple of their production tools....delta saw w/Jointech extension, on Craigslist. Sorry to see them fail."

Here is an SMC thread from last year where the current owner responded.

Or this thread on Woodnet http://www.sawmillcreek.org/newreply...reply&t=169539

If they haven't gone under then the owner is not doing much to correct that misconception.

Buyer beware!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    It's such a shame. Their customer service at the shows was excellent...
    I agree. Unfortunately their customer service outside of the shows didn't live up to that at the shows. I've seen threads like this for many years. When I bought my Incra fence for my table saw I considered a Jointech, but several here and on other forums had had difficulty contacting them and getting things that they promised. It's really too bad because they had some great products.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I have the same problem, and have all but given up. I contacted a business in the same industrial park in San Antonio, who was most helpful. He contacted someone in the Jointech location, gave him my phone number, and the message that I only wanted parts. Nothing ever happened. This person said he thought the business was for sale. Trying to get some response out of them I said I might talk to them about that if they would call me.
    The most troubling thing about this to me is the Jointech web site is still up and appears capable of taking orders for equipment, even though there is precious little hope of getting anything from them.
    On mine, the hex slot where the crank is inserted wallowed out and eventually was inoperable. The crank is too tall for the depth inserted, putting to much pressure on the thin sides of the hex slot, and it eventually broke. An incredibly poor design. I have a metal lathe, so I found a source for the splined shaft that drives the lift mechanism and made my own. Works pretty good.
    I also have their fence, so I guessed wrong on where to buy both items. Should have gone with Incra or someone else, but how do you know?
    Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.
    "We'll do the best we can with the tools we got."
    Elmer Damkroger, 1905-1991

Blog Entries
    They have been drifty for years. They are always 'just moving' or 'consolidating' or 'whatever'. They make some great stuff but, someone needs to buy them and operate them like a business ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Do any of the 3rd party parts sites like Mikes tools or ereplacement parts carry anything?

I was the guy who originally posted about getting my lift back. Last fall, I stopped by again and Ernest was there, working by himself. He also told me he was trying to merge with some other company but I don't think it happened. He had a ton of stock left he probably had to eat. Fortunately, I got my lift back and Ernest fixed the issue while I was there. However, their website is down and I'd bet a dollar to a dozen donuts they are gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    They have been drifty for years. They are always 'just moving' or 'consolidating' or 'whatever'. They make some great stuff but, someone needs to buy them and operate them like a business ;-)
    Sounds like Jessem and Delta and Steel City and General and .... LOL.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.