Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grizzly owners...

I have a Grizzley 8 inch jointer and the new 14 inch bandsaw and feel for the money they were a good investment. I wish I would have waited for the new 8 inch jointer though with the handwheels.

Garry

Lot's of great information here! I will take much of it under advisement.

At the risk of changing gears...

I checked out a local woodworking machines house - Brentwood Machine in Brentwood NH.

There is something about local support that I hadn't considered as part of this process. Purchase from them gets me that and if I spend more than $1000 I get a membership into their VIP club which gives me 10% off parts and accessories for 1 year.

At the risk of hijacking my own thread...here is what they offered me:

Jet 16" planer (JWP-160S) - $899.
    Powermatic 6" Jointer with 66" bed (54A) - $799.
    Jet 14" bandsaw (JWBS-14CS) - $549 (comes with free miter gauge & fence)

It all adds up to: $2247. (my original budget was around $2100)

With the different manufacturers promotions I'll get an additional $300 off which brings things down to $1947 - under budget.

This all said - this sounds pretty good to me - with local service and support to boot.

Additional input is welcome.

Thanks again,
    -joe

Hi Joe,

The list looks great to me. I have the Powermatic 6" jointer and love it. Like everyone else i wish sometimes i had the 8" but oh well. It is a nice machine and works perfectly. Never once had to tinker with it.

I am glad the local support issue was brought up. I have been VERY impressed with WMH tool group and their determination to help. I have a Jet 3hp (jtas-10xl) table saw. After running it for 23 months the arbor pully keyway for some reason got sloppy. They had a technician at my shop the next day at no charge. (I live out in the middle of nowhere, the tech had to drive 2 hours to get to me) Now that is service.

Good luck with your growing business and keep us posted on the progress.

I would try to get an 8" jointer. I have the DJ 20...really nice. I had a 14 " Jet bandsaw I upgraded to a 20" Agazzani and kept the 14" Jet so I think getting the 14" is a good move! I have the Jet 16"planer...it is very nice. So the 8' Jointer is the only change... I have had some Grizzly stuff...this is a notch or 2 better and I think you will appreciate the difference
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Doesn't look like you would save much, if any with Grizzly. The local support is worth money, especially if you are in the business. Sounds like a no brainer.

John

I had planned on buying the Shop Fox tablesaw instead of the Grizzly. I was going to buy it at the local tool store, but their price went up when I was ready to buy. You know how much more it would have been? Only $86! Now I really wish I had bought it instead of the Grizz. The $86 more would have been a great deal to have local support!
    Go Big, or Go Home... He who has the gold, makes the rules