Thread: Quilted Maple & Walnut Humidor...(Pic Heavy)

Blog Entries

Quilted Maple & Walnut Humidor...(Pic Heavy)

This one was a fun one to build... The dimensions made it a bit of a challenge (19.5" x 15.5" x 14") as my planer is only a 12.5" DW....

My client required these specific dimensions in order for the thing to fit on a tea cart that he has.....

Quilted maple is getting harder and harder to come across.... most of it goes to the luthier gang (rightly so)... but, when I'm lucky enough to find a piece, it usually has a bunch of "flaws"..... Nothing a little epoxy pre-treatment won't fix....

This piece has a lot going on with it..... Fun Stuff!

Here's the board that I made it out of....

...And here's the humidor

Blog Entries
    Ed:

What a great looking humidor. And thanks for posting a pic of the board next to the finished product. It was interesting to go back and forth and look at the raw board and try to figure out where you got the book matched pieces for the front.

Would you consider a tutorial on how to install the Spanish cedar lining? I think it would be well received by box builders as well as humidor builders.

Wood is gorgeous and as always great execution.
    Ed

That wood has great depth, I'm sure the new owner will be thrilled to receive it.
    Beautiful job as always.

Hi Ed,

Looks like the move to the SC coast was a good one. If you ever get back to ATL on a Saturday morning stop by Peachtree and say hello.

Take the third picture you posted and turn it 90 degrees clockwise... see anything?

Ralph

Great job, Ed. You put most of us to shame !!!
    MARK

I have seen quite a few of your humidors Ed, I actually look forward to your posts! This one, is BY FAR, my favorite!!! I'll PM you my address if you would like to send it to me !!! ;-D