Thread: Eureka Smart Guide Intial Review

Eureka Smart Guide Intial Review

Everyone,

I was lucky enough to win one of the FPP auctions for the Eureka Smart Guide. (Stealth Gloat)

I can not say enough about Dino. He is one of the best people that you would meet! There was a lot of confusion around the auction, I was probably the most confused! Dino stepped up and offered up more systems to resolve the confusion!!

The system came in 3 boxes, all packaged together. The instructions are very clear. The system is very simple to operate and is very intuative.

The base plate fit perfectly on my Dewalt Circular saw, no changes were needed.

The initial test cut was in oak ply, the cut was perfect, absolutely no splintering at all, with a very cheap combo blade.

All in all I am very happy with this system. I have need a good straight edge for a long time, now I have a supersized one Also, included in the kit was the router guide, with edge guide, the 100" guide bar, smart table and many zero clearance inserts.

Congrats, Jeff! I'll bet now you can see why I love my EZ system so much! You'll find yourself using it a lot more than you may even imagine! Have fun and thanks for helping with the FPP cause!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Congrats, Jeff! I'll bet now you can see why I love my EZ system so much! You'll find yourself using it a lot more than you may even imagine! Have fun and thanks for helping with the FPP cause!
    I have already thought of a few uses for it. I am sure as I explore it's capablities I will use it more and more

Blog Entries
    I just got mine put together too. I have had some problems getting my plywood but I will be cutting some up very soon too. Dino is the man!

Does Dino have a website? I'd like to check that system out.

Thanks,

Dave
    Dave in Flowery Branch, GA

zero clearance inserts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    The initial test cut was in oak ply, the cut was perfect, absolutely no splintering at all, with a very cheap combo blade.
    With the zero clearance insert on top, how does the device prevent spinttering on the bottom of the plywood. It seems like a great device but I am having a hard time picturing how you get great cuts on both sides of the plywood.

Congrats Jeff! I've been anxiously tracking mine via UPS for the past couple of days. Looks like it'll be here in Albuquerque on Friday. Hmmm...just in time for the weekend

New Mexico Scorpions 6
    Austin Ice Bats 0

Go Scorps!
    "Last year we couldn't win at home. This year we can't win on the road.
    My failure as a coach is that I can't think of any other place to play."
    - Harry Neale, Vancouver Canucks

Blog Entries
    Dino's Web Site is:

http://eurekazone.com/index.html

Corvin,
    The circular saw rotates up toward the saw. The zero clearance plates stops the splintering on the up turn (top) of the wood. If there is splintering on the down turn (bottom) of the wood it's because of misalignment...so the blade tears it's way through the already cut wood. The steady perfect alignment of the system stops that problem.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Harbin
    Congrats Jeff! I've been anxiously tracking mine via UPS for the past couple of days. Looks like it'll be here in Albuquerque on Friday. Hmmm...just in time for the weekend
    Now you won't get anything done this weekend!

thanks Mike!
    Dave in Flowery Branch, GA

OK Jeff now joint two boards. I'm inpatient, mine is coming tomorrow and jointing long boards is the main reason for getting it. Probably find many other things I will use it for. If you cut two boards how is the glue line.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Daigh
    OK Jeff now joint two boards. I'm inpatient, mine is coming tomorrow and jointing long boards is the main reason for getting it. Probably find many other things I will use it for. If you cut two boards how is the glue line.
    Sorry Chris, Don't have any need to do it, otherwise I would be sure to post the results. However, from the test cuts that I made, I can not imagine why a well tuned circular saw will not produce glue joints with this straight edge. If your saw blade is perfectly 90 degrees, You wouldn't even need to do both boards at once.

Hope you enjoy yours when you get it! Mine came on a Friday too!

Thanks Jeff, I will make sure tonight my saw is 90 and will be verifing the jointing capabilities this weekend. I am sure I will be posting success here on Monday.

It will do glue line joints very well. I have the complete system.
    Dino's the man.
    Steve