Thread: Sawstop Job-site cart alternatives

Sawstop Job-site cart alternatives

Does anyone actually use their sawstop contractor saw on the jobsite? I want to be able to load the saw into my truck in the morning. I don't like the jobsite cart that sawstop offers because I much prefer folding gravity rise stands. So my question is: does anyone have their sawstop on a gravity rise stand? Is it way to heavy to load in the truck? Any advice would be great.
    If a brad nailer shoots brads, and a pin nailer shoots pins, a framing nailer must shoot framers ... right?

The Bosch saw is 60lbs that the gravity rise stand is built for. While I do not know the exact weight of the Sawstop contractors saw, the shipping weight is 280. So even if the shipping materials are 100 lbs, the Sawstop is still 3 times the weight of the Bosch. I'm guessing that is way past the gravity rise specs.

I know of some finish carpenters who bring a contractors saw to a big jobsite where they will be working for several weeks. They made a metal roll cage frame with casters on the bottom and a wing on the side. They would stand the saw up on one side then lever it into their truck bed. Moving a contractors saw on a daily basis will either make you extremely strong or crippled in short order.

I just decided to buy the Bosch GTS1031 portable table saw and gravity rise stand. I decided the sawstop was just too heavy. I wish they made a light "truly" portable unit. I already have the Sawstop industrial cabinet saw and love it. Maybe in a few years they will develop a portable unit, and I'll upgrade my bosch table saw to it.
    If a brad nailer shoots brads, and a pin nailer shoots pins, a framing nailer must shoot framers ... right?