Thread: My video review of the G0634XP J/P

My video review of the G0634XP J/P

Well it took a lot longer for me to get around to than I first thought, but I posted a small video review of my G634XP J/P. The video is a little shaky because I was taping it with one hand and trying to mess with the machine with the other. It's mostly just me rambling about how it works, and a few issues I had. Nothing terribly exciting about it, but if you wanted a closer look at it, then the video might be helpful. I think I say 1 cuss word in it (d***) at one point, so if you're very sensitive then don't watch.

If anyone has any specific questions about it I'm happy to answer them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2uoteXNFA

-Stephen Saar

I ended up with a hammer, but the go624xp was a close second. Shaky video and all it was good review. Thanks.

Thanks for posting that Stephen. I was wondering how the dust hood worked on the Grizzly, didn't know there were two. I hope you'll follow up with another report after you get a few 'miles' on it.

Thank you very much!!! I'm waiting for my Hammer to arrive, but I still enjoyed the video. I'd truly like to see more of the vendors do these walkaround tours for the more popular machines. It seems like there is always at least one angle that isn't shown in their online pictures no matter how many there are.

Nice review,
    I got mine a few weeks ago as well. The quality of the machine is outstanding. I have a Hammer bandsaw on order and am interested in comparing the quality level. Hard to believe that it could be better.
    Glad to finally have a spiral head cutter, and I plan to use this just as a jointer. I have to upgrade my planer next. No more straight knife tools. They worked well but just can't handle some of the wood I use.
    Jonathan