Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloats Galore!

Gloats Galore!

Since I have been getting 0 turning time, I have been improving the tool collection.

#1 Jeff Nicol steady, this arrived today in a big 'ol honkering box. Opened it up and WHOA! Lovin it!
    P1020450.jpg

#2 Also in the box, a few nice tool rests from Jeff, inside curve and 10" straight.
    P1020448.jpg

#3 Jeff included this great looking piece of what appears to be spalted Maple
    P1020449.jpg
    P1020447.jpg

#4 A couple weeks back Greg Haugen posted this nice little deal on a couple of Thompson skews, which I snagged up!
    P1020451.jpg

#5 My new to me Oneway Stronghold chuck, #2 Jaws and Jumbo jaws, also had to add a new set of #3 jaws.
    P1020453.jpg

#5 & 6 New to me R. Sorby precision drilling jig, and Nova sharpening jig(to fit my 3/4" <1" steel> bowl gouge.
    P1020458.jpg
    P1020452.jpg

P.S. You guys with your CBN wheels still suck!!
    Last edited by Gary Conklin; 07-25-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: SP

Geez! Someone went all out on the toy buying!! Jeff sure makes a great steady rest huh!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Now that is a gloat. I love my Nicol steady. It is second to none.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That is a nice gloat! I didnt realize Sorby made a boring system until you posted this, I just bought oneways Drill wizard last month and love it, once you give this one a try please let us know how you like it.
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Looks like someone won the lottery and went on a spending spree. Nice. I'm looking into getting me some "Pin" jaws for my oneway chuck. I'm looking into making some stoppers soon and was told they were exactly the item to use.

Hmmmmm.......Jeff has made me several rests, but didn't realize he made an inside curve!!! I guess he will be getting an email from me!!!

Nice haul, Gary. You sure sneaked up on those skews - Doug doesn't produce many of those.

7. Christmas in July

Geez.........I went to sleep, and everything seemed normal...........I wake up and find out it is Christmas morning? Huummmm........Christmas in July.........I have heard of it before.......... I have to look out the window and see if there is snow on the ground................

Nice haul, Gary!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

WOW! Congrats on everything! Hope you get in some turning time real soon so you can start to enjoy them!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

congratulations on your essentials. you need some shavings on them now. enjoy

What are ya waiting for Gary...go make some shavings!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Gary, If you are real nice and bring some cool ones for afterwards, you can come over and sharpen your tools on my old sucky CBN wheels.

Even if you can't turn, there is nothing wrong with being a collector. My brother can't swim, but he has a nice collection of Gold Fish. Lucky you, nice gloat.

Yep...love my Nichols Steady Rest, too. I built one for a smaller lathe. What a nuisance. I got out of flatwork because I hated building jigs all the time. Well worth the money spent.

Congrats on a great haul! If you only had a CBN wheel...;-)

Very Nice. I also have a Nicols steady, only a 4" but I needed it. Great Haul there. Once I get my HF's down I will be moving towards a steady like that.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    C&C Always Welcome
    Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a turnaholic..............
    Hiiii Chris