Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Double Whammy Surprise!

You know, they say what comes around, goes around... I can't think of a better person for this to happen to! Kudos to Doug and Pat Thompson for demonstrating the same kind of generosity that likely got you this 'double whammy' to begin with, Kathy!

Very nice! Apparently, what goes around, does indeed come around. Have fun, Kathy.
    Michael

Kathy,
    without ever meeting you it seems like you deserve everything good that comes your way. And if it happens to be something related to turning then can it get any better. That is a great looking piece of Osage Orange and we all know you cannot go wrong with anything that has the name Thompson in the return address area. I need to get me some of those handles to go with my Thompson Tools.
    How far are you from Prescott Valley? ,I have family there and we are planning a trip to see them when the temps get down to 3 digits.It would be great to visit some Creekers in the area when we get out there. Well ,enjoy the goodies and post that OO when you get it turned.
    Greg

It seems what goes around, comes around. It's getting good now! Scott is right Osage is awesome to turn. Doug and Pat are class acts for sure!!!
    Last edited by Rick Markham; 07-31-2011 at 4:14 PM.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

I'm always amazed at the graciousness i encounter on this forum and generally on SMC. Kathy tell us what you found when you took off the end cap to the handle......Rob

Kathy, Between the packages you send out and these nice ones you received, you are keeping the shipping companies in business! Very nice people all around. Congratulations.

(Rob, check post #13 in the thread for Kathy's reveal of what was hidden in the handle.)

It was the guys here that started it and paid for the tool and handle... Guys do you care to step forward an be counted. We just slipped the another handle in the package.

My hat is off to the people on this site.

Your story sure warms my heart. Great to see your generosity to all the folks of free turning wood being returned to you and then some. You sure fit the "good soul" description...Bill...

Good wood and tools to turn it with. Doesn't get any better... unless it comes from friends!

Just what a friendly, happy, good hearted soul needs to keep there turning passion going forward. Great wwod from Scott, I have a bunch too that I need to get busy with, and the Thompson tools with personalization are great.

Have fun,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Nicest ballast I have ever seen inside a tool handle! Have fun.

Hey Doug, ya done good.
    Nova DVR XP, so-so Sears bandsaw, no-name grinder, a load of Thompson tools, growing pile of "design opportunities"

Thanks Guys!
    Had a great day today, The block of osage orange is now a finished piece (will post in another thread) and got to use some of my new tools!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bender View Post
    Kathy,
    without ever meeting you it seems like you deserve everything good that comes your way. And if it happens to be something related to turning then can it get any better. That is a great looking piece of Osage Orange and we all know you cannot go wrong with anything that has the name Thompson in the return address area. I need to get me some of those handles to go with my Thompson Tools.
    How far are you from Prescott Valley? ,I have family there and we are planning a trip to see them when the temps get down to 3 digits.It would be great to visit some Creekers in the area when we get out there. Well ,enjoy the goodies and post that OO when you get it turned.
    Greg
    Thanks Greg!
    I'm in Wittmann, about 2 hours south of Prescott Valley. If you get down to the Phoenix area give me a shout and if you make it to my place you can pick out some wood to take home.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

You don't waste any time Kathy
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

gratz on the new tools couldn't have happened to a nicer more generous person