Our turning club, Bluegrass Area Woodturners, normally does not have meetings in the summer months. But, this year, we decided to meet in June, July and August at the shops of some of our members. Today was my day to have the meeting.

We had a great turnout, great weather (hot, but no rain), and enough food to feed a small army! Several spouses showed up, and they and Ms. Keeton had a great time sharing stories - in the air conditioning!!

I invited Vince Welch, VincesWoodnWonders, to come and present a talk on sanding. Vince gave a great presentation on the various qualities of sandpaper, what to look for, and what to avoid. He provided a wealth of information, and brought a bunch of goodies for the guys to buy, too! Thanks, Vince!! I know it was a long drive for you, but I certainly appreciate you attending and helping with one of the worst parts of turning! I know the guys appreciate your efforts.

This view is looking in the sliding doors of the shop annex, also known as the wood storage/hunting/Christmas decoration/etc. area! My shop is on through the door in the center of the pic - that is Vince to the right, bent over the table. I apologize for the dark pic.

1.jpg

Another shot of Vince showing some items to creeker, Rex Guinn.

2.jpg

Then, we gathered in the "shop proper" and Vince gave his presentation. I failed to get a pic to the right - there were several folks not shown. That is creeker, J D Combs in the middle pic pointing (not sure of the target??)

3.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg

Fellow creeker, club member, professional photographer and expert turner, Jamie Donaldson brought a bunch of wood to give away, and a special box for me!!!!!
5.jpg

Some great stuff in the box - a beautiful piece of Koa, some oak burl, a big chunk of walnut, and the two large pieces are ash and silver maple. I am looking forward to cutting into some of this stuff! Thanks, Jamie!!

I did notice a bit of dust on the floor in one of the pics - that stuff never shows up until you post the pics!!! I will try to have the shop cleaner next time!