Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing skid marks in driveway

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Ugh--don't do that. They move differently, water gets in, cracks it, delaminates it, and makes a general mess.

Why is it that you can't get something like this off, but if you wanted to coat it, 1/2 would peel off in no time flat. Same with paint spilled on the floor?
    very true, potholes are just as bad, fill them up and another crew remove the filling

Blog Entries
    Seriously guys, just use a more powerful pressure washer. I've had similar problems on my drive and the rotary nozzle cleans it right off. I did not have any concrete removal problems with the nozzle @ 6"-1' away from the surface but common sense dictates that you try an unobtrusive spot 1st. You should be able to dial back the pressure if it's too powerful.

Be sure to wear heavy duty boots & eyewear! The red and/or rotary nozzle with cut right through tennis shoes.

You might give this a try.

Several years ago I accidentally knocked over a can of the purple PVC primer on a concrete sidewalk. After wiping up what I could, I decided to use good old Clorox bleach. A couple doses of straight bleach and the stain was gone with no detectable damage to the concrete.

This may or may not work on your tire tracks, but give it a try. A gallon of bleach is cheaper than renting a power cleaner.
    Best Regards, Ken

You could try laundry detergent. It works on the skid marks in my undershorts! LOL

Acid won't have any effect on the rubber, but it LOVES to eat concrete.. I'd opt for the pressure washer, and a little self control..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Acid won't have any effect on the rubber, but it LOVES to eat concrete.. I'd opt for the pressure washer, and a little self control..
    Interesting thought. With luck I'll have time to work on it this weekend. I'll let you all know how I make out.

Try oven cleaner that is how they lift rubber tracks from accidents off of the street.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Tear the concrete out, replace it, then charge the idiot.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night